Roller mat causing unstable water level

Danny_x1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the klir di-4 that goes in the filter sock hole. I’ve had it for about a month and works great. The only issue I have is that as the water level rises in that chamber to touch the sensor it causes the overflow box water level to rise basically to the edge of the emergency line. Which leads up to the rest of the sump water level to go down making my ato turn on. When the roller mat rolls up the water level in the overflow box goes down and the sump level goes up too. I can’t figure out if I should take it offline or if it’s the return pump pumping to much water. I wanted to hear other peoples opinions or if they had similar issues. Before I added the roller mat I had no issues with keeping stable water level. Thank you

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't have experience with the Klir but all rollers essentially work the same.........as the paper clogs, the water level inside rises, that's what trips the sensor/float switch and advances the roller. the larger the inside chamber, the more water it will hold and the more of a change you'll see in the return pump chamber. it's the nature of the beast, you can lower the entire unit and/or the sensor/float and correct this, BUT it will also make the unit less efficient and it will use the paper roll quicker.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't experienced this with mine, but my sock chamber portion of the sump is tiny compared to the rest of it so I don't believe it holds enough to make a significant difference.

OP
OP
Danny_x1

Danny_x1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrients are trending downwards that’s why I was considering removing it all together.

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The higher you run it the less it will affect the water level.
not true. the deeper it sits, the closer actual water level is to the float switch therefore it takes less water inside to advance the roller and you'll have less water level fluctuation.

the higher it is out of the water the more efficient it is tho and the less paper you go though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back