Roller Mat

Saltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I'm going to purchase a roller mat. I have narrowed my options to the Clarisea 5000 or the Deltec 4000. Can anyone who has experience with these products help me with my decision? I am aware of the cost difference between the two. The fleece is longer but more money with the Deltec. Also the fleece is wider with the Clarisea. I have read that the Clarisea xl fleece gets jammed.... supposedly the Deltec is much easier to change the fleece but the Gen3 has made changes as well? I'm hoping for some help making the right decision.... Thanks

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go Deltec for sure between the two, and make sure you have a good source for replacement rolls. I have been very happy with my Theiling Compact, I would have gone Deltec but was out of budget. Also there is the X-Filter

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go Deltec for sure between the two, and make sure you have a good source for replacement rolls. I have been very happy with my Theiling Compact, I would have gone Deltec but was out of budget. Also there is the X-Filter
What is the x filter?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I'm going to purchase a roller mat. I have narrowed my options to the Clarisea 5000 or the Deltec 4000. Can anyone who has experience with these products help me with my decision? I am aware of the cost difference between the two. The fleece is longer but more money with the Deltec. Also the fleece is wider with the Clarisea. I have read that the Clarisea xl fleece gets jammed.... supposedly the Deltec is much easier to change the fleece but the Gen3 has made changes as well? I'm hoping for some help making the right decision.... Thanks

I have a Clarisea 5000 and love it. The only problem I had with my Clarisea 5000 was if the cardboard of the paper roll gets damp or wet it will jam. Otherwise It has worked flawlessly. My tank is pretty much 0 maintenance now.

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Clarisea 5000 and love it. The only problem I had with my Clarisea 5000 was if the cardboard of the paper roll gets damp or wet it will jam. Otherwise It has worked flawlessly. My tank is pretty much 0 maintenance now.
How would the roll get wet?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would the roll get wet?

I only had it happen once and I honestly dont know, I think it was evaporation. But I have seen a few people on here post about it. I think if the roll goes too slow, because of not having a lot in the water, the evaporation gets to the cardboard part.

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only had it happen once and I honestly dont know, I think it was evaporation. But I have seen a few people on here post about it. I think if the roll goes too slow, because of not having a lot in the water, the evaporation gets to the cardboard part.
Okay.... I did read that some people were having problems with the XL fleece jamming..... you haven't experienced that? Do you use the XL fleece?'

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a point of info, when the Klir roller mats came out in 2018, they used cardboard sleeves in their fleece roll also and the fleece roll was always wet from what I would guess water wicking up the roll. Since enough complaints were voiced, they have changed out to plastic sleeves on their replacement rolls and also increased the rpm of their motor.

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Claisea 5000 Gen 3 and have never had a problem. When the roll is almost out I just staple the new roll to the end of the old. After a few days it has pulled the new roll through for me. Only takes a minute to remove the staples, take off old roll and attach the new one to the motor.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Claisea 5000 Gen 3 and have never had a problem. When the roll is almost out I just staple the new roll to the end of the old. After a few days it has pulled the new roll through for me. Only takes a minute to remove the staples, take off old roll and attach the new one to the motor.

Yup, I also do the "staple trick." 1000000000x easier than taking it out and replacing it.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Clarisea 5000 Gen 3 for a little over a month now, and just changed the fleece for the first time. Stapled the new fleece to the old as well, shown below. Then cut the used fleece and removed, and reattached the used end to the motor. Easy process. This rollermat has save me tons of time dealing with socks, which was pretty much an every day hassle.

One other thing I love is that the water level is consistent, since the fleece is advanced regularly. With socks, the water level varies on a 3-day cycle as the socks got clogged up and more water remained in the display vs the sump, until the socks were replaced, then gradually backs up again from sump to display, until sock replacement, etc.. etc.. This affects ATO consistency, which in turn affects salinity and Alk stability.

So this was a huge win for me!
Still organizing the cords after changing the sump config, please ignore.

1646761659669.png

costaricareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Clarisea 3000 Gen2 and love it. Had it for about 14 months. Had the roll jam because the cardboard got wet. That was a pain. Now I re-roll the new fleece on to a plastic roll just to be safe.

Note to Clarisea: pls change the cardboard for a plastic roll.

Purchased the 3000 Gen 3 for a second DT and working great so far. Would never go back to filter socks. Gamechanger for me.

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like Clarisea 5000 is the winner…
Preordered the Reefmat 1200 because the color is cool…. But perhaps I should cancel it and order Clarisea now too haha

Back