Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So were to start....
Got anenome with limited research
1st day got stuck on filter for about 3 seconds and lost 1 tentacle
Has moved multiple times at the beginning i kept moving rocks cause he was hiding i know thats a no no
He had been in a paticular spot 4 about a week i fed him a little larger piece of shrimp then i should have but he did ingest it. A day later When i went sleep and woke up he had moved but was out and beauitful b4 i left this morning when i got home he was shrunkin with a browinish white gunk hangimg out of its mouth which was open rather large now the gunk is gone but he is shrivled up is he dying or is this just a poop thing???
Any help would be awesome

OP
OP
W

WhiteRabbitReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190109_180813.jpg

Bigbaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His mouth doesn't look normal. At a glance, I thought it was the shrimp being regurgitated. Do you know if the foot sustained damage while being stuck on the filter? Your only choice at the moment would be to wait it out for a day or two and see if it bounces back. Some nems are hardy and all it takes is time. If you see the mouth wide open and can see through the nem, most likely it will not make it. When one of my nems got sucked in to my filter, I put the mess inside a clear glass cup with small pieces of live rock so that it doesnt hide in the rock work only to disappear and die and put it in a shaded part of the tank with low flow and it bounced back within a few days. I hope you it does well. Good luck!
20190106_203414~2.jpeg

OP
OP
W

WhiteRabbitReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His foot was fine just lost one tentacle but this was 2 weeks ago hes been acting fine until today. now will just wait and see i guess hope he bounces back

OP
OP
W

WhiteRabbitReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i just checked on our nem and he has inflated back up over night hopefully he will stay this way and yesterday will just have been a scare

OP
OP
W

WhiteRabbitReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated photo from wife seems to be doing ok nice and inflated, ps i know it seems a lil bleached but its just a really bright green

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My $0.02

1. anemone looks bleached. color should be much more rich.
2. to properly digest food, they need energy from zooxanthella algae. being bleached means they are quite low on it.
3. last pics look ok. just leave it alone. if you feed it, maybe just a few mysis shrimp at the MOST. seriously.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My $0.02

1. anemone looks bleached. color should be much more rich.
2. to properly digest food, they need energy from zooxanthella algae. being bleached means they are quite low on it.
3. last pics look ok. just leave it alone. if you feed it, maybe just a few mysis shrimp at the MOST. seriously.
This !!!! Feedings 2x a week. Mysis is easier to consume.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%

Back