rookie mistake, expensive meal for nem.

Storm Trooper Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
120
Reaction score
144
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V Puffer, send the bounter hunter after me. got fish, put in QT to temp aclimate. QT heater not working so at 70F didn't notice (though just not happy in bag), hour later, drip acclomate a dead fish. One expensive meal for my nem. can I get a few hours back please? tried to revive, warm water, push water into gills with powerhead, gave up after an hour. aquaman, do your thing with david jones. I feel like crap.
 
V Puffer, send the bounter hunter after me. got fish, put in QT to temp aclimate. QT heater not working so at 70F didn't notice (though just not happy in bag), hour later, drip acclomate a dead fish. One expensive meal for my nem. can I get a few hours back please? tried to revive, warm water, push water into gills with powerhead, gave up after an hour. aquaman, do your thing with david jones. I feel like crap.
I feel your pain. I just lost a tomini tang in QT today. I feel terrible too.
 
Suspect something else amiss with fish .....70 shouldn’t kill a fish. Heck, I used to keep my reef tank at 72 back when we thought that was best. Low temp = more DO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new