Rookie Mistake I guess?

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my corals wasn’t looking so good. A pandora paly. So I decided to move it. I thought that it was getting too much light. Not only did I move it down closer to the sand bed, I also decided to change my lighting schedule on my AI Prime HD AND changed my setting on my MP10 from reefcrest (yellow) mode to the purple mode. Within the next day or two my water got very cloudy. I never had an issue with that. I also noticed these long slimey string like things hanging from the rocks. This lasted for probably 4-5 days. I got scared that I changed too many things at once so I changed everything back to the old settings and the tank cleared back up again in a few days. Was this some kind of bloom?

B8EE85BA-2CC7-4BA5-BBC0-13161FA4FA97.jpeg

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s nasty looking!! Probably some sort of bloom from the light switch or possibly (don’t know what yellow and purple mode are) your powerhead blowing around stuff that was stagnating in your rocks. Try changing the lights then changing the powerhead a week later, that way you know what caused it

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s nasty looking!! Probably some sort of bloom from the light switch or possibly (don’t know what yellow and purple mode are) your powerhead blowing around stuff that was stagnating in your rocks. Try changing the lights then changing the powerhead a week later, that way you know what caused it
Yeah, too much at one time. I learned my lesson.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back