Rose BTA, Wanting to add another?

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I currently have a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone that my 2 clowns are hosting to and I wanted opinions on if I can add another on the same rock? I have seen A LOT of mixed reviews on this. Will the clowns host to both? Will the BTA sting each other? My LFS has a great deal on BTA's right now so I don't want to miss out if these answers give me the light I need.

Thanks!

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I currently have a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone that my 2 clowns are hosting to and I wanted opinions on if I can add another on the same rock? I have seen A LOT of mixed reviews on this. Will the clowns host to both? Will the BTA sting each other? My LFS has a great deal on BTA's right now so I don't want to miss out if these answers give me the light I need.

Thanks!
I bought 3 together and put them in separate locations, however, they all found themselves within 5 inches of each other. Also, the two of them are so close there tentacles interlock with each other, and I have rainbow BTA. I have had mine for about a month and they are doing great, but I am very new to the hobby so take my advice with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 3 together and put them in separate locations, however, they all found themselves within 5 inches of each other. Also, the two of them are so close there tentacles interlock with each other, and I have rainbow BTA. I have had mine for about a month and they are doing great, but I am very new to the hobby so take my advice with a grain of salt.
My current BTA moved all around the rock I placed it on before finally settling in its current location so I was thinking I could place this new one on the opposite side. Any advice is appreciated!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current BTA moved all around the rock I placed it on before finally settling in its current location so I was thinking I could place this new one on the opposite side. Any advice is appreciated!
My rose and rainbows touch without issue

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go for it especially if they are cheap right now, and if your current anemone is new to the tank, best case scenario you'll be back to your LFS because your anemone is splitting and can't keep up.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine. The clowns will probably move back and forth but will probably pic a favorite to sleep in. I'm not even sure how many are on these rocks.
20230725_182150.jpg

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do good all the same types and my anemones are the same type and do fine but I have heard of different bubble tips mixed one type thrives and the other type fade away over time. You can run carbon to help with chemical war toxins . But there’s people out there that mix and had no problems .

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do good all the same types and my anemones are the same type and do fine but I have heard of different bubble tips mixed one type thrives and the other type fade away over time. You can run carbon to help with chemical war toxins . But there’s people out there that mix and had no problems .
This seems to be the typical answer I am getting. I am eyeing a Chicago Sunburst for a steal and wanted to make sure before I went to get this beauty.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be the typical answer I am getting. I am eyeing a Chicago Sunburst for a steal and wanted to make sure before I went to get this beauty.
Rose and rainbow do fine. CSB and any of the green variety seem to have problems. With the cost of them I would be very wary. Also you don't see many CSB for a "steal". Before buying get proof of lineage, otherwise it's just a bta.

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rose and rainbow do fine. CSB and any of the green variety seem to have problems. With the cost of them I would be very wary. Also you don't see many CSB for a "steal". Before buying get proof of lineage, otherwise it's just a bta.
LFS is doing their Labor Day Sale that's why. I've seen them in person, and they are quite beautiful.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS is doing their Labor Day Sale that's why. I've seen them in person, and they are quite beautiful.
While beautiful I'd still ask to see the pedigree. Might save even more money.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back