Rose Bubble Tip oh my what should I do?

jaaash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some opinions on what I should do with my reef tank and rose bubble tip anemones. Should I keep them or get rid of them?

Basically I started a 125 gallon reef tank 3-4 years ago. It is a mixed tank and doing really well. When I started the tank, my mother who also does reef tanks had a rose bubble tip anemone and as a noob I loved the idea of clown fish anemone combo, I know I know.

About 8 months ago, I added a pistol shrimp. Who decided to claim the rock my anemone is on.

Now I have 5 rose bubble tip anemones in that area on the left side of the tank. I am concerned it could get worse. I don't want an anemone tank. I really like the other half of my tank that is full of mixed corals and colorful.

I feel like I should get rid of them, yes I disturb the pistol shrimp, hopefully not killing him in the process. But he moves assuming he lives and I replace the rock and get more corals. I really feel like they will just split again at some point.

I haven't changed anything other then the pistol shrimp added so I am only assuming this is what had something to do with the splitting but who knows. Water chemistry has remained the same with all the things I test and dose with.

What do others think here? Time for the anemones to go?

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a very similiar boat. Mine has gotten big and is dead center of my rock work and I think it's making the fish uneasy as they try to get past it to get into the caves... It's beautiful but I also want to move onto sps, etc. and don't necessarily want a giant anemone taking up most of my small tank. I literally just bookmarked this post today
Following...for others opinions as well. thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back