Rose bubble tip(s) anemone - expelling white

  • Thread starter Thread starter User1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
U

User1

Guest
View Badges
Good morning. Quick question. I have roughly seven rose bubble tip anemones (started with 1 about 6 or so years ago) and I noticed one today was expelling a white swirly mist. It wasn't brown, stringy, or zooxanthellae. That I'm sure. It is actually a white cloudy mist and it is actually turning the tank a cloudy white. I don't think that is how they reproduce or spawn but maybe I'm wrong.

Ironically has I write this I see two of them are doing this...ugh. I've added some carbon to my reactor I haven't used. About 1 1/4 cup and have some water starting to trickle through it. We'll see if it clears it up. In the mean time these two seem to be the trouble makers. I've grabbed a video and will see if I can snap a picture from it.

Wanted to see what it is since most of my searches are saying expel zooxanthellae which it clearly isn't. It isn't brown nor do I directly feed them.
 
spawning event
 
Thanks everyone. I don't recall seeing that before but that makes sense. It really made a mess of the tank water. Super cloudy but water is flowing through the carbon. Will be a good time I guess to see how long it will take for the carbon to clear everything.

Thanks again - appreciate the help and information. I'll have to read up on spawning with the anemone to see how it works. More learning :) Have a good day all.
 
Here is a image that somewhat shows what I was talking about earlier this AM and their spawning has you all told me. There are four of them in this area but the partner in crime is over to the left that I didn't know about until after this was taken. Everything in the tank more or less looks ok and the carbon appears to be helping. I was concerned a bit about the fish but they seem to all be normal, foraging, and eating. Probably because I had carbon this time although like I said - no idea what was going on :)


upload_2018-4-28_19-4-13.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new