Round flat things that multiply quick (Flatworms? :()

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I added a coral and failed to dip. Noob mistake. Now I have these white things that are round and multiply very very quickly. Any idea what they are and how to treat?

Round Unid.PNG

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 although they can get caught up in pumps and be annoying.

So they are multiplying so quick and covering the glass. There are at least 100 and they just showed up in my other tank too. I haven't added anything new to my other tank so really not sure where they came from. Maybe cross contamination while feeding with a pipet. What can I do to get rid of them?

Bangai64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they are multiplying so quick and covering the glass. There are at least 100 and they just showed up in my other tank too. I haven't added anything new to my other tank so really not sure where they came from. Maybe cross contamination while feeding with a pipet. What can I do to get rid of them?
They won't hurt anything. Their algae eaters. They'll disappear as your algae reduces over time. I'm guessing your tanks are somewhat new aned are going through different stages.

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They won't hurt anything. Their algae eaters. They'll disappear as your algae reduces over time. I'm guessing your tanks are somewhat new aned are going through different stages.

The tanks are actually almost 2 years old. So that is why I'm a bit confused with the addition of nothing new.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back