Rovster's Reef Savvy SPS Rimless

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to introduce my tank to the R2R crowd. Tank was started almost a year ago and has been a bumpy road but overall a positive one. About 6 months ago I had a major crash where I lost 90% of my acro collection, but I was quick to restock. Have had a few minor incidents since then but overall its been positive.

I am a self proclaimed acro addict. Once the bug bit me I was done for. As things progress, I will be posting lots of pics of colorful stix. For now, this is where it all started....

Freshly filled....

And my most recent FTS. I'm due for another one, but for now this should suffice....

Recent video during my last water change....

System stats:

Tank: Custom Reef Savvy, Herbie, 52"x26"x19"
Stand: Custom built by me. Let me know if you want build pics;)
Lighting: Started with 3 Radion Pros, then added a fourth, and now experimenting with T5 supplement. Radions run on custom program. T5s mounted temporarily up front running a B+ and C+ ATI bulbs.
Skimmer: SRO XP2000
Controller: Apex Lite + WXM
Flow: 3 MP 40 + battery back-up
Return: WB5000
ATO: Tunze
Reactor: Vertex running about 0.75-1.25C GFO
Dosing: BRS (Alk/Cal) and Vinegar/Vodka combo

Supplements: Prodibio Bimonthly, Pohls Xtra, Acropower, Sponge Power, Sodium Nitrate, occasionally feed Oyster Magnifique or whatever else is the latest fashion. I add ReefRoids to my home made fish food blend.

Any questions or comments, fire away!

OP
OP
rovster

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to peek inside the cabinet ;-)

I'll try to get an updated pic, but for now....

Here is the "electronics cabinet". I overtook the left side of my entertainment cabinet to house my light drivers, apex, router, back-up etc.....
This pic is before I ran the cables, but they run under the slit so there is no cables showing. I fabricated the front panel myself to match up as close as possible. Its held in place with magnets. I have to dig up some more pics of how I made it.....

Here is a "dry" pic of what's under the hood. There is a 12 gallon ATO container and 1 reactor running in front of it. This should do for now. My return feeds a manifold that runs a fuge that only has rock at the moment and the one reactor. It also has 2 other outlets that had intended for a carbon reactor and whatever else, but will likely never get used....

As far as the stand build, I have TONS of pics but that's an EXTENSIVE post. I may do that this weekend;)

OP
OP
rovster

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just added some more T5's to my tank. I was running a coral + and blue + up front but noticed I was getting some great color up front but a few pieces were looking flat alongside the back of the tank. Now I know the black background sucks in a lot of light, but my hopes are the added T5 will help that situation. I'm running front to back:

ATI Actinic
B+
C+
B+

I'm considering more combos but for now I'm going to let things play out. I also made the rack a little nicer, and instead of fixing it down with tie wraps, its now bolted directly to my Radion Rack.

Rack made....

Pic of light in place.

If your curious, I used 3/4" black anodized aluminum tubing from esto connectors. Total cost for materials I thing was around $70-80. The priced you pay for a "finished" look.

OP
OP
rovster

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do need to lengthen the wires a bit so the ballasts are hanging off the side. Here are some recent iphone shots.....

OP
OP
rovster

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest FTS.

Unfortunately I hit a little snag. I tried running the SPS AB+ program with my Radions and it backfired on me. Started a rollercoaster of alk and took out a couple of pieces. Either way hopefully I've regained control and things are starting to restabilize. I also went back to my previous schedule. Not knocking the AB+ but it didn't work for me and was just too blue for my taste anyway. Hopefully in a month or 2 I can get some nice macros!

OP
OP
rovster

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! One day I'll get the hang of it! I need to learn to leave well enough alone!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks awesome!

Back