Rowaphos particles

LivingCorals Youtube

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2025
Messages
88
Reaction score
67
Location
colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I set up my new reactor

Rinsed thoroughly with RO
As soon as I turned it in rowaphos dust particles all over. Should I be concerned
 
How did you rinse it?

You’re supposed to discard the water until it runs clear (outlet tube in a bucket.)

You don’t want the GFO tumbling to hard it escapes the reactor.
 
When I used rowa phos, when I started the reactor, I would aim the tube into a bucket for a minute until the water runs clear. When it runs clear then install the tube on the tank.
 
How did you rinse it?

You’re supposed to discard the water until it runs clear (outlet tube in a bucket.)

You don’t want the GFO tumbling to hard it escapes the reactor.
I used a bucket with RO and turned the handle to off so the particles could escape. I did that a few times and as soon as I put in the tank the return bump shot some out in my DT
 
When I used rowa phos, when I started the reactor, I would aim the tube into a bucket for a minute until the water runs clear. When it runs clear then install the tube on the tank.
What do you use now?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new