RowaPhos questions -

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using RowaPhos in my reactor...but I have a question - it's "escaping" my foam inserts due to it's size, does anyone sell smaller celled foam inserts for it? I use an IO minimax. Or can I just cut some cheesecloth and make it work?

Also - is RowaPhos considered GFO (slow removal) or is it more rapid like PhosGuard? Thanks.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful rowaphos is really strong. If you don’t monitor or use too much you could end up like me dosing phosphates back into the tank

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful rowaphos is really strong. If you don’t monitor or use too much you could end up like me dosing phosphates back into the tank
Basically what happened. My phosphates in my nano have consistently been high (.2+) and I'm not getting good growth out of my SPS, so I'm trying to get things in "balance". I got a media reactor and ran PhosGuard for less than 24 hours and was at 0.0. So I'm trying to find a "gentle way" to get me back to around .7 - .1 consistently. I don't dose phosphates, I just use reef roids, the ultimate in phosphate bombs.

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easiest way I found was just to have a valve to lessen the flow til my phosphates were steady where I wanted them. Was better for me than trying to find a schedule on how long to run it. I’m using a very small amount as it is.

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easiest way I found was just to have a valve to lessen the flow til my phosphates were steady where I wanted them. Was better for me than trying to find a schedule on how long to run it. I’m using a very small amount as it is.
I have a IM minimax, it has a flow controller on the media tube and the pump itself, I got a lot of tinkering to do that's for sure. It's comical to think I need to run a tablespoon of media, but it's the only way I can keep phosphates under control without dosing lanthum daily or other extreme measures.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically what happened. My phosphates in my nano have consistently been high (.2+) and I'm not getting good growth out of my SPS, so I'm trying to get things in "balance". I got a media reactor and ran PhosGuard for less than 24 hours and was at 0.0. So I'm trying to find a "gentle way" to get me back to around .7 - .1 consistently. I don't dose phosphates, I just use reef roids, the ultimate in phosphate bombs.
If you don't see good results from reef roids, try to mix it up. Oyster eggs one day, aminos another, phyto, marine snow, lots of choices.
I stopped reef roids regularly to their phosphates.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't see good results from reef roids, try to mix it up. Oyster eggs one day, aminos another, phyto, marine snow, lots of choices.
I’ve been considering going back to phyto as well. Many benefits there

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I meant was when my phosphates are low or "double zero" I dose reef roids as a phosphate supplement.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I meant was when my phosphates are low or "double zero" I dose reef roids as a phosphate supplement.
I’ve done it too, works better then neophos in my tank hahah neophos would get used up right away, where reef roids kept phosphates around a bit longer

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Place in a nylon stocking to contain it inside the reactor

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back