OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gramma may not have enjoyed the 10g, it’s small for this fish who wants the claim a good size territory.

Maybe the result of real estate dispute?
im pretty sure its not the case as the yellow striped goby is now sick and both the lawnmower blenny and yellow striped goby are both really peaceful from what ive seen. I am pretty sure it was a case of brooklynella as the tank had it about a month and a half ago but I had treated the tank and left it to fallow so I thought it would have been safe to add fish again. It is possible the sickness came from the royal gramma

im going to see what I can do about this but its really tough having to set up so many aquariums even if its the bare basic. I dont have an extra heater so I am not sure what im going to do (my spare heater broke)

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im pretty sure its not the case as the yellow striped goby is now sick and both the lawnmower blenny and yellow striped goby are both really peaceful from what ive seen. I am pretty sure it was a case of brooklynella as the tank had it about a month and a half ago but I had treated the tank and left it to fallow so I thought it would have been safe to add fish again. It is possible the sickness came from the royal gramma

im going to see what I can do about this but its really tough having to set up so many aquariums even if its the bare basic. I dont have an extra heater so I am not sure what im going to do (my spare heater broke)
If others mysteriously die then your correct, an infection may be at play.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone think about me treating the lawnmower blenny? I can put it through the same treatment I’m doing for the yellow striped goby (fw dip, then to a bucket with ruby rally pro as a clean quarantine)

Or I can leave it alone in the tank where there is brooklynella but there’s ruby rally pro and it’s not showing any symptoms

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I stand corrected the lawnmower blenny is breathing rapidly I’m going to be treating it too

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would setup a QT tank and put them through a full quarantine while your display goes fallow. It's pretty easy and cheap, all you really need is a cheap preset heater, cheap 10 gallon aquarium, and a cheap hang on back filter. Air stone is a good idea too.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would setup a QT tank and put them through a full quarantine while your display goes fallow. It's pretty easy and cheap, all you really need is a cheap preset heater, cheap 10 gallon aquarium, and a cheap hang on back filter. Air stone is a good idea too.
Yeah right now due to it being an emergency I freshwater dipped them then put them in a bucket with a heater at 80 degrees and a air stone along with ruby rally pro

I don’t have an extra hang on back so I’m going to have to stick to just doing water changes at the moment but soon I plan on seeing if I can get a cheap filter

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So any tips on disinfecting buckets after the fish have been in it? Bleach? Also the only tank I have 2 of in order to alternate them to keep them disinfected is a 2.5 gallon

If I do a complete water change every day do you think 2.5 gallons is enough to keep the lawnmower blenny in? He’s around 2-3 inches long and I don’t exactly have any other tank besides buckets

I also would say the yellow striped goby but I really don’t think it’s going to survive unfortunately, I’m going to try though

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately the yellow striped goby passed but I am determined to make sure the lawnmower blenny is healthy. Right now I am keeping it in a 2.5 gallon that I am changing the water out of twice a day. I plan on upgrading him to a tank with a cycled filter but I really dont have the right setup to quarantine this fish at the moment. Plans are to get this fish healthy and out of quarantine ASAP if anyone has any advice.

I ordered supplies for a slightly more permanent residence but they dont get here til Thursday so for now im just going to have to constantly change this water so ammonia doesnt build up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back