Royal Gramma hiding all the time

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l've had him for about 7 months, full prophylactic QT process prior to in DT. He was generally out and about except my Mccoskers would bully him a bit and he would go hide, but always come out rather soon. It was always only display bullying by the Mccoskers which he does to all the other fish too.

For the past month I never see him. I thought he had stopped eating. I target his cave with food every day and most days I dont see him eat. But every couple, three days he lunges out at food and eats a bit. He doesn't eat much but he does appear to still be clearly eating.

The few glimpses I get at him, there does not appear to by any sign of disease.

I tried pulling out the large rock he hides in several week ago, but he's able to get so far inside the rock I could not get him out and into a QT for better observation

any thoughts?

Last edited:

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a fully QT-ed RG. I've seen him twice in the past 3 months. Thought he was dead, til I saw him a week ago sneak a piece of food

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, this guy was always out and about until the last month

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be feeding to much.

My LFS told me how often he feeds his fish and I was shocked. I do watch because I don't want obese fish, but I followed his lead and I am shocked but he was right. I now feed every other day lightly with absolutely no ill affects. Please note my fish are not juvenile so they aren't growing and hungry for food to grow with.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back