Royal Gramma Laceration or Bigger Issue??

lordofthecoconuts

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2025
Messages
34
Reaction score
17
Location
gainesville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, like the title says I’m concerned about my royal gramma. Only had him for about a week and yesterday I noticed he has a laceration on the side and today hems reluctant to eat and is repeatedly flashing on the sand. Should I be worried about something more serious than a scrape from the rock work?

IMG_4319.jpeg



IMG_4324.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone, like the title says I’m concerned about my royal gramma. Only had him for about a week and yesterday I noticed he has a laceration on the side and today hems reluctant to eat and is repeatedly flashing on the sand. Should I be worried about something more serious than a scrape from the rock work?
As they dive into rocks and crevices, may be injury
Please furnish a couple of pictures to see extent of damage and recommend treatment if needed
 
As they dive into rocks and crevices, may be injury
Please furnish a couple of pictures to see extent of damage and recommend treatment if needed
That's what I was thinking too, but the loss of appetite has me concerned. Just updated the OG post with some pics!
 
Hey everyone, like the title says I’m concerned about my royal gramma. Only had him for about a week and yesterday I noticed he has a laceration on the side and today hems reluctant to eat and is repeatedly flashing on the sand. Should I be worried about something more serious than a scrape from the rock work?

IMG_4319.jpeg



IMG_4324.jpeg
This is superficial and should be treated but could be scratched due to flukes in which Prazipro would be the ideal treatment
 
Hey everyone, like the title says I’m concerned about my royal gramma. Only had him for about a week and yesterday I noticed he has a laceration on the side and today hems reluctant to eat and is repeatedly flashing on the sand. Should I be worried about something more serious than a scrape from the rock work?

IMG_4319.jpeg



IMG_4324.jpeg

Flashing combined with skin damage are huge red flags for flukes, especially since royal gramma are so prone to getting them.

I’d dose the tank with praziquantel:

 
is the fish tending to hide more? The no eating along side the damage, and flashing in the sand, and if hiding is part of it, it’s possible to be flukes as both gentlemen have stated.

Flow the protocol above. And you have any other fish/ tank mates?
 
Hey everyone, like the title says I’m concerned about my royal gramma. Only had him for about a week and yesterday I noticed he has a laceration on the side and today hems reluctant to eat and is repeatedly flashing on the sand. Should I be worried about something more serious than a scrape from the rock work?

IMG_4319.jpeg



IMG_4324.jpeg

Flashing combined with skin damage are huge red flags for flukes, especially since royal gramma are so prone to getting them.

I’d dose the tank with praziquantel:

Ah ok thank you! I was hoping it was just abrasion :\
 
is the fish tending to hide more? The no eating along side the damage, and flashing in the sand, and if hiding is part of it, it’s possible to be flukes as both gentlemen have stated.

Flow the protocol above. And you have any other fish/ tank mates?
Yup, definitely hiding a lot more. And yes, I have a six line, a blue chromis and a coral banded shrimp
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new