Royal Gramma Missing

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my Royal Gramma in my 32 gallon biocube for about a year now and it has been great. For the first few weeks after I added it it spend most of the time hiding in my rocks only coming out to eat which I know is normal because they like to hang in caves in the rock work. After the first few weeks I rarely would ever see it hiding, it was always right out in the front of the tank which was great to see. I am worried because I have not seen it for about 2 days now not even during feeding. I noticed about a week ago he began hiding in a hole for most of the day but I saw it poke its head out periodically. The last 2 days on the other hand I have not seen it at all and am beginning to worry it is stuck in the rock work or something, anyone have any ideas.?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check filters and the floor

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has disappeared for a few days and I found it in the filter.
Even in the tank they can disappear for a bit.
Have you noticed any aggression towards it or potential disease? Just trying to rule anything possible out.

OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has disappeared for a few days and I found it in the filter.
Even in the tank they can disappear for a bit.
Have you noticed any aggression towards it or potential disease? Just trying to rule anything possible out.
No nothing at all the only thing is last week I added a hammer coral to the tank but I cant imagine that having anything to do with it.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you done a water change recently? I have one and it lives in my monti cap that’s grown onto the back wall of my tank, I accidentally lowered the water under his hiding spot once while he was in there and couldn’t get out. I was lucky and he was fine but just spitballing ideas if maybe something similar happened.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back