Royal Gramma needs help

Fraggle Rocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently bought a royal gamma from the fish store. It was doing great initially. After I introduced him into my tank I noticed on his right side around his head there is a brownish area. I didn't think too much of it because he was eating and swimming around and then hiding back into the rock crevices whenever I came around. This has not been 5 days since introduced him and now he is not as active. He just lodges himself in a space and sits there. I managed to catch to him have a closer look and noticed that the lens on his right eye might be punctured too. His breathing looks normal and steady. I dunno what to do. He is my measuring cup right now laying on his left side. Any ideas? Thanks.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what I'd do on this one. I'm sorry to say it doesn't sound too promising though. Maybe check out the symptoms at nationalfishpharm

OP
OP
F

Fraggle Rocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish died. I just put its body into some fresh water to see if it was a parasite and a few white things about half the size of a grain of rice were on the bottom. Anyone know what it is? Also there are alot of white specks around the fins and stuff.

Last edited:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flukes probably. Are there other fish in the tank? If so, you may want to think about treating with some Prazipro.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back