RPM Reef Pro Mix Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyfins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyfins

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
1,057
Reaction score
1,064
Location
Spokane
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone besides me, had any issues with this salt? I usually use RC, and haven't ever had any issues. Last weekend, I did a 35 gallon water change, on my 350, and it royally ticked off my frogspawn and hammer that I have had for years! Both retracted, and are still maybe only 1/2 way out. I have used this box almost up on all 3 of my tanks, 350-32-16, and never saw this type of reaction. I have tested all parameters, and I am ok with those. sg is 1.026- pH 8.3-po4 0.11-no3 12.2 - alk 8.2 and ca 420 I am about to send an ICPMS out, and see if there's something there. Last one, last month, there wasn't anything that was off by much. looked good. Nothing added, and again, this happened after a water change. This is my 2nd change this year. I run Moonshine, so I am actually thinking I shouldn't have done a change, but I was doing a clean, so I figured it was warranted. I also ran DIY Reef Snow afterwards, and I do that weekly. anyone have any ideas?
 
Why would you think it’s the salt when you’ve used almost an entire box between 3 different tanks with no problems?
well, because any changed water in my 350, was just maybe 20 gallons here or there. where as the 2 other tanks, are 5 gallons at a time. I don't know. Just trying to figure it out. I dont know that it's the salt per se, but it was the only thing that I could think of.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new