RR Angry Bird!

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^Yes me too but I had it in a system that should never of had acros, so I feel like a never gave it a chance. If there is anyone else out there with photos of there angry B. Please post it.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh ok so yours did have red PE. so it is still on my wanted list then.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine.

Was very hairy as a frag but seemed to have separated a bit. Still really hairy though.

When I first got it - it was brown and green.
_MG_4589 (4).jpg

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ yours looks like a different coral then mine, was it from RR? It looks like it's growing well though.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm, the body is not all blue?? thats disapointing

Yeah but its still one of my fav. pieces so I am happy :)

^^^ yours looks like a different coral then mine, was it from RR? It looks like it's growing well though.

I got it from a well-known LFS in San Diego. I was told it was it. I would never resell it as a RR Angry Bird though because the coloration either changed or is a diff. coral. Luckily I got it for a steal.

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I bought mine from Rr during the live sale, hopefully mine will eventually be that size and we can compare. yours seems to be happy though!

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any of you know if RR Asia, canada and usa are all under 1 company? if so can we get RR asia/canada corals through RR USA?

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I bought mine from Rr during the live sale, hopefully mine will eventually be that size and we can compare. yours seems to be happy though!
Nice! I have no doubts yours is the real deal then.

I like going to various LFS and buying no named corals that are small frags. I ended up getting a $5 dollar frag of this small encrusting frag. Years later, it has been verified as a Miyagi Tort.

ERIC1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine.

Was very hairy as a frag but seemed to have separated a bit. Still really hairy though.

When I first got it - it was brown and green.
_MG_4589 (4).jpg
That's not the original RR USA Angry Bird. I got a frag from Tony last month and it's similar to the OP frag. Body is very nice blue but the polyp is not that bright red yet. I was told the tank holing the mother colony crashed so it's color suffered a bit.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not RR USA Angry Bird. I got a frag from Tony last month and it's similar to the OP frag. Body is very nice blue but the polyp is not that bright red yet. I was told the tank holing the mother colony crashed so it's color suffered a bit.

Ah thats unfortunate about the mother. Yeah I only paid $40 for the frag so I did not believe the LFS when he told me about it being a true RR Angry Bird.

Post up a pic if you can.

ERIC1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if it's $40 then I guess it's too cheap to be true LOL. The real one would have cost way more :) I'll break out my zoom lens this week to snap some pics.
But I did see the mother colony earlier this year when Tony first got it in and it was beautiful with bright red polyps and bright blue base!

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if it's $40 then I guess it's too cheap to be true LOL. The real one would have cost way more :) I'll break out my zoom lens this week to snap some pics.
Yep exactly lol. I spent a good chunk of money when I was in San Diego so I think he may have been super excited and started rambling. If you ever decide to frag yours, let me know ;)

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any of you know if RR Asia, canada and usa are all under 1 company? if so can we get RR asia/canada corals through RR USA?

No they are not. RR USA is on its own while Canada/Asia are the same.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish I can bring corals across the boarder... I go to toronto quite often and RR Canada is right there. :(

TIMLOPEZ1234567

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went on the reef raft site but it had a different picture than yours. non the less that piece on that site looks good.

fishboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am aware of how old this thread is. Still I would like to see any larger angry birds if any of you have them. Thank you.

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps are actually starting to turn red, they have been almost a pearlescent like for a long time. I also took a frag and have put it in higher light just to see what would happen.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 50 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back