• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

rr angry birds acro

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone knows the difference between this and TGC Angry Bird? I’m really curious to see what are the difference between the two
There’s possibly 3 different versions,
RR USA
TGC
RR Canada

the large frag of TGC I got has more blue skin and kinda greenish/ yellow polyps that are changing and should get Red I think.

Myst3ry_sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR USA
TGC
RR Canada

the large frag of TGC I got has more blue skin and kinda greenish/ yellow polyps that are changing and should get Red I think.
Hmmm. I'm looking at the RR USA Angry Bird from vendors online and from your description the TGC could be the same coral :oops:
Sorry Mod and OP. I know this is a selling thread but I've been really curious about this particular coral for a long time :)

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Future buyers Beware.

Alright, I put every effort to avoid making this post, but his communication and service have been nonexistent. Out of the many transaction as a buyer and seller I never experienced this level of disregard for another person.

I purchased from this thread from Inbae (Gakaii). I purchased Angry Birds #3. He told me he hadn’t shipped before and asked for pointers, which I gladly gave. I communicated to be sure the box was big enough, include enough water in the bag among other useful pointers. The day of shipping I told him it was supposed to be 80+ in my area and that a heat pack was not a good idea, but it is your decision. He acknowledged.

Day of delivery It comes and to my surprise here is what I see. A 7x6x6 box (small), WITH a heat pack, and the frag is in a tiny specimen cup. The frag is strapped to a big block of foam (taking up more water volume). I measured the cup it is ~12 tbsp of water.

I peeked in the cup and from what I could see it looked ok. I texted him that it looked ok. I floated for 30 min and when I took it out of the dixie size cup I noticed some stress. Not surprised. I decided to skip my usual dip and put it directly in my frag tank. I went back to work and two hours later when my lights came on, I saw it. One branch was total peeled, and one was starting too. I immediately messaged him with the following picture:

IMG_5817.JPG

I told him it was clear there was a heat spike during shipping. He informed me he had a smaller piece healing and that he would arrange to send that.

Longer story short a couple days passed and all but one small area was alive (about 4 polyps), that held on for about 5 days and finally died.

I was a little bothered and others agreed it wasn’t right he planned on sending me an even smaller replacement, as let’s face it I would not spend $500+ on a tiny piece to start with. I let it slide and accepted it. I let a few days pass and never heard from him. I messaged him; I didn’t hear from him. 2 days later I followed up again. He finally answered and said the small frags still needed more time and he will send me a picture “tomorrow”. The picture never came. 5 days later (June 6th) he messages me that he is sending out some coral on JUNE 22 and that can he send the replacement then. I question why I should have to wait so long, that isn’t right.

He snapped back that he is very busy and works 7 days a week and that it is nice of him that he is sending the replacement and I should sit back and relax.

I’m not sure why but I didn’t respond and decided I would just wait the 15-16 days for him to be ready to send the replacement (ridiculous). Well June 22 came and went and no replacement and now he is not responding to any of my messages.

I am following this post up with an open case in PayPal.

Funky12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Future buyers Beware.

Alright, I put every effort to avoid making this post, but his communication and service have been nonexistent. Out of the many transaction as a buyer and seller I never experienced this level of disregard for another person.

I purchased from this thread from Inbae (Gakaii). I purchased Angry Birds #3. He told me he hadn’t shipped before and asked for pointers, which I gladly gave. I communicated to be sure the box was big enough, include enough water in the bag among other useful pointers. The day of shipping I told him it was supposed to be 80+ in my area and that a heat pack was not a good idea, but it is your decision. He acknowledged.

Day of delivery It comes and to my surprise here is what I see. A 7x6x6 box (small), WITH a heat pack, and the frag is in a tiny specimen cup. The frag is strapped to a big block of foam (taking up more water volume). I measured the cup it is ~12 tbsp of water.

I peeked in the cup and from what I could see it looked ok. I texted him that it looked ok. I floated for 30 min and when I took it out of the dixie size cup I noticed some stress. Not surprised. I decided to skip my usual dip and put it directly in my frag tank. I went back to work and two hours later when my lights came on, I saw it. One branch was total peeled, and one was starting too. I immediately messaged him with the following picture:

IMG_5817.JPG

I told him it was clear there was a heat spike during shipping. He informed me he had a smaller piece healing and that he would arrange to send that.

Longer story short a couple days passed and all but one small area was alive (about 4 polyps), that held on for about 5 days and finally died.

I was a little bothered and others agreed it wasn’t right he planned on sending me an even smaller replacement, as let’s face it I would not spend $500+ on a tiny piece to start with. I let it slide and accepted it. I let a few days pass and never heard from him. I messaged him; I didn’t hear from him. 2 days later I followed up again. He finally answered and said the small frags still needed more time and he will send me a picture “tomorrow”. The picture never came. 5 days later (June 6th) he messages me that he is sending out some coral on JUNE 22 and that can he send the replacement then. I question why I should have to wait so long, that isn’t right.

He snapped back that he is very busy and works 7 days a week and that it is nice of him that he is sending the replacement and I should sit back and relax.

I’m not sure why but I didn’t respond and decided I would just wait the 15-16 days for him to be ready to send the replacement (ridiculous). Well June 22 came and went and no replacement and now he is not responding to any of my messages.

I am following this post up with an open case in PayPal.
That sucks bro hope it all works out.

OP
OP
Gakaii

Gakaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This buyer has no respect but knows how to complaints. He reported the coral arrived healthy and then after he moved the frag to different base and his tank he reports back the acro is RTNing. Whichever, I was going to send him a replacement when the smaller frags are 100% heals up. I gave him exact ship out date which is same date as other shipment date but then he complained replacement shipment date and my respond time. He threatened me twice that he will leave me a bad review and open paypal complaint. I don’t think this buyer understands 2 hr standard doa. I’ve changed my mind sending him a replacement. I already know what he will do after he receive his replacement. I will just give him a refund and move on. I apologize to reef2reef community for this negative incident.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This buyer has no respect but knows how to complaints. He reported the coral arrived healthy and then after he moved the frag to different base and his tank he reports back the acro is RTNing. Whichever, I was going to send him a replacement when the smaller frags are 100% heals up. I gave him exact ship out date which is same date as other shipment date but then he complained replacement shipment date and my respond time. He threatened me twice that he will leave me a bad review and open paypal complaint. I don’t think this buyer understands 2 hr standard doa. I’ve changed my mind sending him a replacement. I already know what he will do after he receive his replacement. I will just give him a refund and move on. I apologize to reef2reef community for this negative incident.

Like I feel his/her pain as a buyer having SPS rtn in the past "even when I was sent someone else's from an eBay seller and had RTN upon arrival and still expected to partial pay" but I feel your pain as a seller as well.

You didn't really have an obligation for a replacement but still offered and then you got negative feedback from him/her on a public forum. Honestly, they should have floated for temp acclimation and then inspected the coral for any signs of tissue loss upon arrival, followed with a dip for pests "unless it's a soft skin acro like echinata then it's reasonable to avoid a dip or try an alternative dip method". It's pretty obvious that some of these SPS don't grow overnight some are much slower growers than others and he/she should have been more patient on a replacement.

Refunding him was the right way to go honestly so that you no longer have to deal with this buyer.

Good luck with any future sales~

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR USA
TGC
RR Canada

I really want to see more side-by-side comparisons of all these different vendor varieties. Like maybe a mega-forum where comparisons are compiled.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to edit the picture because they showed someone's phone number. You can repost the pictures without the number showing.

OP
OP
Gakaii

Gakaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

r2r3.jpeg r2r2.jpeg r2r.jpeg

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion the heat pack is what probably killed the coral. The buyer suggested not to send a heat pack because it was hot outside and one got sent anyways. Combine that with 1/4 cup of water and it’s just a recipe for disaster. 99% of the the time you get a coral that arrived too hot it will look great for a few hrs and then rapidly die and that’s what seemed to happen here.

I suggest anyone buying coral to buy a $25 laser pointer temp gun off Amazon and use it on all coral so it prevents this situation and each party blaming the other.

Glad to see this got resolved by the seller willing to refund.

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I sold couple of frags recently. I have deal with all pro shipping a lot. They are the ones sell aquarium shipping supply and give u a discount on FedEx. According to all pro shipping 7x7x6 box is too small for heat pack to be used. You can also find this information on their website.

Not to make anyone upset, but just throwing this information out there if anyone doesn't already know or plan to use heat pack (must use a larger box).

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like 2hr standard DOA is pretty clear cut, but I think thris speaks volumes that even outisde of that you reimbursed the buyer. I prolly wouldn't have gone heat pack but I just listen to All pro and do what they say.

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can't we all just get along?! Looks like sketchy communication all around, including around the use of a heat pack/replacement ect. Seems like heat doomed the frag, but it could be some other parameter. Not dipping showed how much he wanted that frag in his DT.

This should really be resolved with another frag if they are available. Refunding cash sucks.

I would still do business with both of these members.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%

Back