RR Orange Passion = SC Orange Passion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shlap
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
1426364468413.jpg

Here is a recent picture of my colony of RR Asia.

Some older pics of it
1426364544642.jpg

1426364570295.jpg
1426364596934.jpg
 
RR Orange Passion Video

Here's my Sexy Corals Orange Passion which I think is the same as the RRUSA and RR Canada Orange Passions. Polyps look pretty orange to me conchreef

[video=youtube;c2AyWAqCtak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2AyWAqCtak[/video]
 
Last edited:
Here's my Sexy Corals Orange Passion which I think is the same as the RRUSA and RR Canada Orange Passions. Polyps look pretty orange to me conchreef

[video=youtube;c2AyWAqCtak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2AyWAqCtak[/video]

That thing looks fantastic! Good job with that. Did you notice if the polyps turn more orange the bigger the coral becomes? Or have they always been that color for you?
 
That thing looks fantastic! Good job with that. Did you notice if the polyps turn more orange the bigger the coral becomes? Or have they always been that color for you?

No actually, it hasn't grown much since I got it, because it seems to be really sensitive to ALK changes and the tips burn on me which means I keep losing new growth. It might be more sensitive because it's getting blasted with a lot of light from the Hydra 52s. I think the really high lighting is what makes the polyps so orange.
 
No actually, it hasn't grown much since I got it, because it seems to be really sensitive to ALK changes and the tips burn on me which means I keep losing new growth. It might be more sensitive because it's getting blasted with a lot of light from the Hydra 52s. I think the really high lighting is what makes the polyps so orange.

Just added a Hydra 52 over my sump a couple days ago. How do you have your % set? I am using the Great Barrier Reef Settings with a 5 hour ramp and coral acclimation mode. Coral acclimation was set at 70% over 3 weeks. Blues and Violet at 75%. Red, Green, UV, and White at 45%. When I frag my piece, I can see how the LED lighting changes the coloration.
 
Chris Curry come check out my Orange Passion I got from you. My polyps are orange. No need for pictures come see in person. :-)



Here is my advise for anyone who is thinking of spending alot of money on this coral. Buy something else because you will never see orange polyps unless you ps them on. Just like I have on mine !! The polyps are rust or gold and no way orange.
IMG_20150104_151419_430-1_zpsd9a42c1f_edit_1423630100765_zpsjtymmi4x.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new