RR Orange Passion = SC Orange Passion?

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm kinda confused by the thread and the title. I'm guessing is shlap would like to know if rr usa and rr asia orange passion is the same one?

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I never got it from tony. I brought in a colony myself from possibly the same supplier and it was about the Same time. I had my colony and sold a few frag the day of rr USA grand opening. Could it be the same? .. yes.. did I get it from tony at rr usa? No.

OP
OP
S

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm kinda confused by the thread and the title. I'm guessing is shlap would like to know if rr usa and rr asia orange passion is the same one?

Let me break it down. Based on the evidence I posted originally, I'm certain that the SC Orange Passion is the same coral as RR (Canada) Orange Passion. I have to make a distinction between the Orange Passion originally released by RR in Canada, and the one Two Guys sells now as "RR Orange Passion" because that one doesn't look like the original. I also believe RRUSA sells the original because they brought it in from RR Canada back in 2012. Make sense? Agree or Disagree. Discuss! :D

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me break it down. Based on the evidence I posted originally, I'm certain that the SC Orange Passion is the same coral as RR (Canada) Orange Passion. I have to make a distinction between the Orange Passion originally released by RR in Canada, and the one Two Guys sells now as "RR Orange Passion" because that one doesn't look like the original. I also believe RRUSA sells the original because they brought it in from RR Canada back in 2012. Make sense? Agree or Disagree. Discuss! :D
I agree the asia stuff doesn't look like the originals

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have SC OP and RR OP and they're side by side in my frag tank and exactly look the same.
Does that mean anything? Not sure. :)

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mike just said that he probably got it from the same supplier as Tony. Seems like discussion is over.

Now the RR Asia OP, that's just people being greedy and steeling the name to make money.

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike just said that he probably got it from the same supplier as Tony. Seems like discussion is over.

Now the RR Asia OP, that's just people being greedy and steeling the name to make money.[/QUOT
Greed is not good for the consumer

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone who has a frag of the original rr usa or sc orange passion they'd like to sell, please pm me. Thank you.
You should contact Mike at sexy corals that's what I did and got mine last summer. I am happy with mine. The more light I give it the better it looks.

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yeah I agree.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now the RR Asia OP, that's just people being greedy and steeling the name to make money.[/QUOT
Greed is not good for the consumer
Very true! They like to slap name on just to make money.

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have their own pic of a "colored up" RR Asia OP? All I've seen are the colony pics, and IMO they all look pretty average

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The below picture is a RR Asia OP that links back to two guy corals. When I received it in Dec it was very pale light brown and about half of the size. The new growth seems to have orange polyps but the old body polyps is more of a tan. Running under T5's with LED supplement. Different but still cool in my book.

Original Frag

rrasiaop1.jpg

Now

rrasiaop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The below picture is a RR Asia OP that links back to two guy corals. When I received it in Dec it was very pale light brown and about half of the size. The new growth seems to have orange polyps but the old body polyps is more of a tan. Running under T5's with LED supplement. Different but still cool in my book.

Yeah that's what my RR Asia OP looks like too. With the Orange and pink coralites, it's a nice unique piece for sure.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back