RR Orange Passion = SC Orange Passion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shlap
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well I'm kinda confused by the thread and the title. I'm guessing is shlap would like to know if rr usa and rr asia orange passion is the same one?
 
No I never got it from tony. I brought in a colony myself from possibly the same supplier and it was about the Same time. I had my colony and sold a few frag the day of rr USA grand opening. Could it be the same? .. yes.. did I get it from tony at rr usa? No.
 
Well I'm kinda confused by the thread and the title. I'm guessing is shlap would like to know if rr usa and rr asia orange passion is the same one?

Let me break it down. Based on the evidence I posted originally, I'm certain that the SC Orange Passion is the same coral as RR (Canada) Orange Passion. I have to make a distinction between the Orange Passion originally released by RR in Canada, and the one Two Guys sells now as "RR Orange Passion" because that one doesn't look like the original. I also believe RRUSA sells the original because they brought it in from RR Canada back in 2012. Make sense? Agree or Disagree. Discuss! :D
 
Let me break it down. Based on the evidence I posted originally, I'm certain that the SC Orange Passion is the same coral as RR (Canada) Orange Passion. I have to make a distinction between the Orange Passion originally released by RR in Canada, and the one Two Guys sells now as "RR Orange Passion" because that one doesn't look like the original. I also believe RRUSA sells the original because they brought it in from RR Canada back in 2012. Make sense? Agree or Disagree. Discuss! :D
I agree the asia stuff doesn't look like the originals
 
I have SC OP and RR OP and they're side by side in my frag tank and exactly look the same.
Does that mean anything? Not sure. :)
 
Let me break it down. Based on the evidence I posted originally, I'm certain that the SC Orange Passion is the same coral as RR (Canada) Orange Passion. I have to make a distinction between the Orange Passion originally released by RR in Canada, and the one Two Guys sells now as "RR Orange Passion" because that one doesn't look like the original. I also believe RRUSA sells the original because they brought it in from RR Canada back in 2012. Make sense? Agree or Disagree. Discuss! :D

Mike just said that he probably got it from the same supplier as Tony. Seems like discussion is over.


Now the RR Asia OP, that's just people being greedy and steeling the name to make money.
 
Mike just said that he probably got it from the same supplier as Tony. Seems like discussion is over.


Now the RR Asia OP, that's just people being greedy and steeling the name to make money.[/QUOT
Greed is not good for the consumer
 
If anyone who has a frag of the original rr usa or sc orange passion they'd like to sell, please pm me. Thank you.
You should contact Mike at sexy corals that's what I did and got mine last summer. I am happy with mine. The more light I give it the better it looks.
 
Let me break it down. Based on the evidence I posted originally, I'm certain that the SC Orange Passion is the same coral as RR (Canada) Orange Passion. I have to make a distinction between the Orange Passion originally released by RR in Canada, and the one Two Guys sells now as "RR Orange Passion" because that one doesn't look like the original. I also believe RRUSA sells the original because they brought it in from RR Canada back in 2012. Make sense? Agree or Disagree. Discuss! :D

yeah I agree.
 
Mike just said that he probably got it from the same supplier as Tony. Seems like discussion is over.


Now the RR Asia OP, that's just people being greedy and steeling the name to make money.[/QUOT
Greed is not good for the consumer
Very true! They like to slap name on just to make money.
 
Does anyone have their own pic of a "colored up" RR Asia OP? All I've seen are the colony pics, and IMO they all look pretty average
 
The below picture is a RR Asia OP that links back to two guy corals. When I received it in Dec it was very pale light brown and about half of the size. The new growth seems to have orange polyps but the old body polyps is more of a tan. Running under T5's with LED supplement. Different but still cool in my book.

Original Frag

rrasiaop1.jpg



Now

rrasiaop.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The below picture is a RR Asia OP that links back to two guy corals. When I received it in Dec it was very pale light brown and about half of the size. The new growth seems to have orange polyps but the old body polyps is more of a tan. Running under T5's with LED supplement. Different but still cool in my book.

Yeah that's what my RR Asia OP looks like too. With the Orange and pink coralites, it's a nice unique piece for sure.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new