• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

RRC Rainbow Splice colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbf this is a crazy spliced acro, not just a fancy name.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbf this is a crazy spliced acro, not just a fancy name.
I believe the colors came from rare mutation. I have seen reefers cut frags and glue them around eachother to make crazy color combinations but the coral itself grows with these crazy combinations of colors if that makes sense. It is for sure a beautiful piece and I think the mutation makes it alot more rare and drives the price up. Im sure that sooner or later it will be out there for alot cheaper once It gets around but judging by availability and size of nubs being sold that won't be anytime soon.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thats just disgusting!

Beautiful coral for sure, but the recent price hike in "named" corals has gotten out of hand.

In many cases I would agree. However, in this particular case I think the price is absolutely justified. I've never seen another coral quite like the rainbow splice. I just can't get over that $350 price tag for shipping.

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I believe the colors came from rare mutation. I have seen reefers cut frags and glue them around eachother to make crazy color combinations but the coral itself grows with these crazy combinations of colors if that makes sense. It is for sure a beautiful piece and I think the mutation makes it alot more rare and drives the price up. Im sure that sooner or later it will be out there for alot cheaper once It gets around but judging by availability and size of nubs being sold that won't be anytime soon.
For a nub that size, and without any red, would you really want to throw in 1K for it? I wouldn't myself unless there is any red on that nub. Some peoples frag splice develop red after few month, but without it it's just a green millie. To be honest, I rather throw that 1K at TCK with wysiwyg splice with red showing on it's frag.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the info on the coral. By the way the price has already come way down. I bought my original frag 2 years ago and paid $2,000. Now frags with both colors can be had for $1,000-$1,500 depending on size...

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great price or not, I was lured in wanting to see a colony, not just a small frag.
This is the exact reason I clicked on this thread. I know there is no chance I was willing to pay $1000 for a coral, wether it's a good price or not. i have never seen a rainbow splice that I would describe as a colony. They usually don't make it to a larger size because most people frag and sell pieces as soon as they can.

The biggest one I've ever seen pictures of was from @SawCJack00 on a different thread.

I was expecting to see a beautiful rainbow splice colony, but I was disappointed when I saw the pics.

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
This is the exact reason I clicked on this thread. I know there is no chance I was willing to pay $1000 for a coral, wether it's a good price or not. i have never seen a rainbow splice that I would describe as a colony. They usually don't make it to a larger size because most people frag and sell pieces as soon as they can.

The biggest one I've ever seen pictures of was from @SawCJack00 on a different thread.

I was expecting to see a beautiful rainbow splice colony, but I was disappointed when I saw the pics.
You have been catfished lol.

BossChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This piece has a lot of areas it’s going to grow out of and should be very nice in 2 years under the right conditions. It’s not just a straight shoot up. I’d like to see more color, but I think the price for pickup is pretty good if someone wants a nice RS frag.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the info on the coral. By the way the price has already come way down. I bought my original frag 2 years ago and paid $2,000. Now frags with both colors can be had for $1,000-$1,500 depending on size...
Thanks man. Couldn't remember where I read about it besides your thread and was actually going to tag you but seen you posted earlier in thread. Anyhow I can def appreciate the rarity and true beauty of this coral and know where im getting mine when the time comes!:D
I can only imagine what it looks like in person. I have an old school poletti Jb that morphed totally green unlike anything ive seen in any of my other shrooms. Ive been curious if same thing happened my shroom ever since I seen you post about this coral.

dunghan99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great seller !
After talked to ARC to confirm the lineage so I decided to buy this frag.super nice seller, even tossed in 2 free frags.I sent him the shipping label and it cost me $47 was not $350 as he listed .highly recommended!

dunghan99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic of it ..

Attachments

• 32A7C485-8653-48DC-9EF0-DF45077EB21E.jpeg
    32A7C485-8653-48DC-9EF0-DF45077EB21E.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 194

dunghan99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on such a beautiful coral. You should post a picture of it in the future when it does grow out to be a colony.
Thank you and yes I sure will post it once it grow out more .

Reactions: LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great seller !
After talked to ARC to confirm the lineage so I decided to buy this frag.super nice seller, even tossed in 2 free frags.I sent him the shipping label and it cost me $47 was not $350 as he listed .highly recommended!
Nice snag man! Would have done exact same thing if I was anywhere near running sticks. Well played;)

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There was a reefer on here, Reef2Reef that sold his rainbow splice acro colony after the recent Reefapalooza and man that had some nice colors! :)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that OP kept came from this colony of mine:

RRC Rainbow Splice-2.jpg
Stunning! Id imagine there's not much quite like it. I only look at pictures of other people's sticks but nothing I've seen posted has that crazy color scheme and marbling. Looks like its been a pretty fast healthy grower for you. Very nice man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back