RS 525 g+ manifold

  • Thread starter Thread starter nycfishy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nycfishy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2018
Messages
278
Reaction score
124
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
transferring from a Red Sea 525xl to a 525 G2+ due to a bad seam (hoping I can get transfer done before the seam goes).

Has anyone built a manifold that ties into the return pump on one of these g2+'s? I don't have the tank yet but from pics looks it now has 2 return lines (and imperial connectors as option)?
only thing I currently need the manifold for is a chiller so in theory could just it with another pump but like the simplicity of just running it off the one return pump (and keeping a second around as a spare)
 
Bump
 
How’d you end up on this? The 525 has two return pipes splitting off one pump. I got the RS imperial adapters and plumbed a 25W uv to the new 3/4” return system. Every drop going to DT flows through the UV and that’s all that loop does, all day, every day at 425 gph. SO, I put together a manifold and mounted to ceiling to feed 4x 1/2” valves for ATS, reactor, sump cleaning tool and future stuff. Manifold is fed by a separate pump. Overkill? Who cares! I left the metric drain lines but have the imperial adapters in the event I need to swap the RS valve for a gate valve (the factory valve is working flawlessly at this point, but I’m nowhere remotely close to truly testing it with full tank bio). The bulkhead adapters are the gateway to whatever you want to put together.

All the orange pipe action is what I put together.
IMG_7484.jpeg

IMG_7536.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new