RS Max E-260 ZenTastic Reef Build

OneZenReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone and super excited for this build! We will be continuously updating and editing this post along with asking for help and sharing the knowledge that we do have. Just a short introduction my wife and I are in this hobby together. Our love for saltwater tanks started many years ago, but unfortunately, we had to step away from the hobby. Our love for nature and challenges has never died! We are finally down to our last two kids in high school. The rest are off to college and starting their wild and crazy lives. Lol. So now we can comfortably invest and it is our turn to have a little fun. We are super laid-back if there's ever anything that we can do to help please never hesitate to reach out. I am going to share the list of things that we have acquired so far and that we will have as part of this build. I will share lots of pictures throughout the process please never hesitate to reach out and give advice or just a basic thumbs up. The only thing that we do ask is please remain positive. That is our lifestyle, and how we like to live. Below is a list of everything that we have right now. We are currently waiting on a white stand because when they shipped the tank unfortunately it came with a black one. They will be shipping it out on the 29th of this month so things should get started soon, but that gives us a little more time to Grab some last minute things. Also, feel free to list anything that you may see that is not listed. We are beyond excited for this journey.!

RedSea e260

With white stand

Neptune Systems Apex

Neptune Systems Trident

Neptune Systems Doser

RedSea ReefDose 4

RedSea deluxe color tubing kit

RedSea Slide out control panel 25

RedSea ATO+ auto top off

Innovative marine 5 gallon hydro fill reservoir

Adaptive Reef

Neptune Systems Custom Controller Board

RedSea ReefWave 25 w/ controller

EcoTech Marine

Vortech mp40 mobius

EcoTech Marine VorTech battery backup

Neptune MXM control module

Fire tablet HD 8" to display APEX

300 watt BRS titanium heater with Inkbird controller

Aquael 200 watt heater for "backup"

Additional water testing:

Hanna Instruments HI98319 Marine Salinity Tester

The Milwaukee Instruments MA887 digital refractometer

Python no spill water change system with fill hook

Brute 20 gallon trash can for water changes with wheel kit

Random Etsy 3D print items to customize

CaribSea forest rock scape

Fritz RPM redline SEA SALT

CaribSea Arag-alive Sand FIJI PINK

IMG_4590.jpeg IMG_4592.jpeg IMG_4588.jpeg IMG_4369.jpeg

Last edited:

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking good! You're going to have to change out farmhouse above it with beach house; or reef house or something now though haha.

I like the aquascape you've put together with your rocks. Should definitely give the tank a lot of character!

OP
OP
OneZenReefer

OneZenReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! You're going to have to change out farmhouse above it with beach house; or reef house or something now though haha.

I like the aquascape you've put together with your rocks. Should definitely give the tank a lot of character!
Lol yes I have been telling the wife that definitely needs swapped out and some nice photos of coral or something hahah and thank you so much. I have been tossing around multiple ideas with the rocks, but I still have time thank goodness.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like that one has the spots on the right in the left for cords? Also, that front area opens up for feeding, correct? Pm pricing please

And trust me you do not want the Red Sea brand lid, it is garbage. It is the most annoying flimsy crap I have ever used. It literally flexes and falls back into the tank every, single time. My wife was so annoyed at the Red Sea lid. I think I paid around $500 for the Clearview lid, took about 3 months for them to make it. I pm'd you a link to my post in the dry goods section.

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome lids.

OP
OP
OneZenReefer

OneZenReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And trust me you do not want the Red Sea brand lid, it is garbage. It is the most annoying flimsy crap I have ever used. It literally flexes and falls back into the tank every, single time. My wife was so annoyed at the Red Sea lid. I think I paid around $500 for the Clearview lid, took about 3 months for them to make it. I pm'd you a link to my post in the dry goods section.
Thank you so much I have been between them and Kraken.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OneZenReefer

OneZenReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your rockwork. Tank is going to be very Zen.
Thank you very much. We are very excited. Just trying to cover all bases and absorb as much knowledge as we can. I know a lot of it will be learned through the process, but no sense to go in blind lol.

OP
OP
OneZenReefer

OneZenReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm still waiting on my White stand..... now moved out to arriving at their warehouse on July 2. They are testing my inner Zen hahahahah you can only buy so much stuff while you're patiently waiting. I have definitely spent more on accessories than I did on the whole tank lol. Late last night purchase Kraken Lid haha
IMG_4618.gif

OP
OP
OneZenReefer

OneZenReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey, guess what? Still waiting on the new stand lol. Supposedly it is shipping this week so I can start putting some of this together finally but in the meantime, my wife surprised me with this much better than the farmhouse sign
IMG_4946.jpeg

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, guess what? Still waiting on the new stand lol. Supposedly it is shipping this week so I can start putting some of this together finally but in the meantime, my wife surprised me with this much better than the farmhouse sign
IMG_4946.jpeg
That looks excellent!

Waynes World Yes GIF

OP
OP
OneZenReefer

OneZenReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to watching this! I have a line on a new warranty E-260 that is 50% off. Are you going to get the sump kit?
Excellent deal! And most likely going to get the sump kit. I have spoke with some who have had great success without it though. But, definitely nice to have the option...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%

Back