RSR 250 Giveaway WInner!!

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a build thread, finally!! The team at RedSea was great to me, I put a hold on shipping the tank until I moved. No I am in the house and just received this last week. I will do my best to update this thread as I would like to have a place to come back and see the progression. I have an ATI dimmable 6 bulb that will be lighting this guy and it will be SPS dominant. Going to take a little while, but here it goes!

RSR250.jpg

OP
OP
drcole

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, any updates?
Updates are coming soon. I knew this was going to be a slow build as we transitioned to a new home and welcomed our 4th child. I have all the equipment to get it started, going to go crushed coral for substrate. I hope to be wet and cycling at least within the next couple of weeks.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I see you are from Tampa, I'm in North Port.

Yeah, not too far, little more than an hour. Long time ago I was a delivery driver on that area including Englewood, Venice, Nokomis.

OP
OP
drcole

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not too far, little more than an hour. Long time ago I was a delivery driver on that area including Englewood, Venice, Nokomis.
Any frag swaps in the area that you have been to?? Looking forward to going to my first one in July in Sarasota.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any frag swaps in the area that you have been to?? Looking forward to going to my first one in July in Sarasota.

No. I got my corals from Creative Aquarium close to my house or online like WWC but I didnt heard about any frag swaps in Tampa. The only I went last year was in Lakeland, I think was the Florida Frag Swaps.

OP
OP
drcole

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running crushed coral for substrate. My return pump is a quiet one lifeguard aquatics 758 got. Have a reef octopus 110-INT skimmer. Not sure what I’m running for lights yet, trying to sell/trade my ATI dimmable sunpower for some leds so we will see

OP
OP
drcole

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are wet and running!! Need to pick up some more rock and not sure whether or not I finish off with more branch or go to shapes, what’s your opinion??

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back