Rsr170

schneidergarrettt60

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
175
Reaction score
56
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fellow reefers.
I am about to set up my red sea reefer 170 and was hoping to get feed back.
I need power heads and do not want to spend the money on a mp10 I am looking for advice on a controllable power head without the large price tag does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
 
Checkout a RFG nozzle from Vivid Aquatics. If your budget doesn’t have room for an mp10, you may find with the rfg you don’t need a power head.
 
Huh... never even heard of this I checked it out and it looks like a plus I will be adding to my things to buy for my build list. Thanks for the suggestion.
I am still looking for a power head though as my return pump is only a sicce 2.0
 
+1 on the Reefbreeders rp-m. I just got one 2 months ago and I like it. I have a 40 cube and have to keep it pretty low to avoid too much flow I find. Looks good and good price too. Probably going to gwt one more to replace another head.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new