RSRxxl750 comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’ve built my cabinet for my RSRXXL750 and the tank is going on tonight.

The cabinet is reasonably solid but.. not THAT solid. Red Sea obviously know what they are doing but to me it seems like the minimal requirements given it weighs more than a tonne! Easy to build though.

Also one thing that I really don’t like about the packaging is that the TOP and BACK of the cabinet is packaged UNDER the tank! So you have a 160kg aquarium that you have to try and (safely) get parts out from underneath before you can build. This leads to another problem..

Once you get those out you leave the tank on the pallet that it comes in whilst you build the cabinet. This problem here is that the pipe connections actually poke out from the bottom of the tank so there is a lot of weight on them! I’m surprised my tank didn’t crack as I didn’t realise this for a day, and was pretty disappointed that this would be allowed to happen.

The solution that I offer is to have a cutout on the pallet that allows for the pipe connections underneath the aquarium, and package the top and back cabinet parts on top of the tank. This would be safer, easier and would require minimal modifications to the current packaging. It would also give to a safe place for the aquarium to go whilst building the cabinet.

Blackice615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to upgrade to the 750, and that's a common thing I've come across on the forums. The stand doesn't seem that solid or structurally sound, however once water and rock is actually placed, everything settles out perfectly fine. Theres only one incident I've across in the past year where there was a hairline crack due to the piping from tank protruding to the pallet. Even then, RS replaced the tank

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I received my 425, my cabinet was packed on TOP of my tank. Weird it would be different with the bigger tank.

OP
OP
Jase4224

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to upgrade to the 750, and that's a common thing I've come across on the forums. The stand doesn't seem that solid or structurally sound, however once water and rock is actually placed, everything settles out perfectly fine. Theres only one incident I've across in the past year where there was a hairline crack due to the piping from tank protruding to the pallet. Even then, RS replaced the tank
I haven’t done much searching but interesting to read that..

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear! I too have a 750, and figuring out how to get the stand out from under the tank was all part of the puzzle. The way the stand was built had me a bit skeptical as well. Before it was complete, it didn't seem that sturdy, but once said and done, it all worked out. Its basically Ikea furniture, sturdy, does the job, looks good, but if you ever have to move it be ready to see parts break. I'm not sure why the back of the stand is built in multiple pieces either. Seems like it would have been more solid if it was 1 part vs the multiple. Best guess is the manufacturer decided this worked just as well and made shipping better.

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm I thought I put one up. Page 1 sort of has one of the most recents. Once the wife gets home and I can trade off child care duty I'll work on getting a front shot.

Blackice615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw, but yeah it's a side shot. Looks good from what I could make out

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back