Ruby emerald (matrix) crab breeding.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TMow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TMow

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back (2 years ago) I had a pair of ruby matrix crabs. it turned out I had a male and a female. Eventually I noticed the smaller one went to the top of a rock in the aquarium and started a little dance, releasing hundreds of larve into the water. Obvously all the fish in the tank started eating them. I placed the crabs into a new smaller tank and just like clockwork about every 28 days she would release her larve into the water. However I could never keep them alive more than about 6 hours. I was courious if anyone had success in breeding matrix crabs, what to feed them.  If they needed micro alge or rotifers, which I never  got a chance to try. Any suggestions???
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new