Run apex on 65 gallon AIO

OutColdCRNA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
1,620
Location
shreveport
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am toying with the idea of diving into apex with my build of a Tideline 65 gallon AIO. I’m wondering if it would be worth it to implement an Apex A3 with trident and DOS on an AIO. Tank will be lps and sps heavy eventually. I have always manually tested and doses with cheap dosers and used Dj strips to turn on and off equipment manually. Thinking of running full automation. Would love some opinions from the apex gurus as to whether this would be beneficial in a tank this size. Thanks!!
 
Yeah I think no matter what size tank you have, an Apex can be useful for many things. You can do alot with Apex that you cannot do with anything else. Although useful and worth it is different. Is it worth putting an Apex on a fish only system with a small water volume I doubt it, but is it worth put an Apex on a system that will be stocked with hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of livestock, definitely.
 
I may be over thinking the trident but how much water volume does it draw for every test? The follow up would be that it’s an AIO so the water draw would have to go roughly 3 feet. I would think that with that run of tubing the tests would leave water in the line and that ultimately the test would be accurate to the previous test. If that makes sense.
 
Now my question is with the A3 and optical sensor. Can I program the unit to use the optical sensor as an ato?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new