Running reactors off return pump or separate pump

R&J Reefs

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
625
Reaction score
280
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want opinions and what you guys do ? I’m on the fence for teeing off my return or just having a dedicated pump for the manifold . Space is not a issue in my sump . I’m not going to run a chiller ( where I live doesn’t get super hot and where my tank will be in my house stays very cool .
 
I run my whole aquarium off of a dart. Return and manifolds to all equipment. Saves on space, electric, etc. Wouldn't do it any other way. I have 2 darts. One for spare and one on the working system. The spare has never seen water over many years. The Dart is a beast!
 
I run my reactors off a manifold feed by my return pump.
 
Same here, using my Vectra M1 return pump and manifold to my reactor
 
I run a manifold in my sump for my reactor and ATS fed by a DCT4000.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new