Rusalty

mward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone had problems with Rusalty orders or Fabian directly on customer service ?,,, I have made many purchases in the past and all seemed normal but on this occasion I ran into a few problems. First there was a shipping issue which isn't they're fault, although I was also shorted 2 shrimp. I sent a email telling them and this was the reply ...
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 3.48.05 PM.png

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had any issues like that - wow. But the last couple shipments of pods/shrimp I've gotten seemed a little light compared to the stated quantity.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 200 shrimp and got 135. I was asked if I could actually count that high when I got a reply to my email.

There are other people to buy from.

You have another decent source for feeder shrimp?

OP
OP
mward

mward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
dang sorry to hear WVNed, I figured I couldn't be the only one ...

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have another decent source for feeder shrimp?

Even if he didn't, I certainly wouldn't pay money to a vendor with that kind of attitude.

In the context of the original post, even *if* the OP was rude and belligerent in prior exchanges, it doesn't make much sense to reply in such an unprofessional manner. It would be best to politely decline their inquiry and cut them off as a customer.

I often think of situations where I might tell a customer to frack off, but it just doesn't make for good business unless you're pandering to a specific type of customer.

I'm building a new tank presently and I have a shopping list of macroalgae and whips I want from Rusalty. These exchanges make me think twice about doing business with them or referring them to others with similar needs.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dump a big bag of shrimp in a 5 gallon white bucket and take a picture they aren't hard to count.

"Oh we always send a lot of extra ones over what you order."
I expect a lot of people don't count them.
If there had been 182 I probably wouldn't have said anything either. I never did get the missing ones sent.

Recently I ordered 300 feeder guppies and received 300 ghost shrimp from a different company. I emailed them and they promptly sent the guppies. There are good people to deal with out there.

I am pretty sure all the animals are drop shipped from a few places in Florida anyway. The place I just got the shrimp instead of guppies doesnt even have shrimp for sale on their website. It was a mistake at the farm.

Last edited:

bestfishes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes been totally non responsive in communications when I reach out. They boxed two separate orders as one and charged me twice for shipping which I didnt appreciate much. This site has some cool things but also some I would call controversial. (wild caught reef octos, flame scallops, mystery shrimp, horseshoe crabs, etc). Stick with pods and food, dont need anything after the order and you will be ok ordering from here. Dont expect much on the service or communication side.

goettemm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll pile on. I placed an order last week as I have an anglerfish arriving today. Yesterday, I received an email saying the order status had changed to "refunded". I emailed them at "[email protected]", the email I received the message from and it bounced. Not a good vibe!

Mike

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have placed numerous orders with them in the past but seeing that email and the comments from other users I do not think I will place any orders with them again. I will not support business that treat their customers like that. Really disappointed here more so since was the only place I found to get good feeder shrimp.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been buying from other sellers since this post.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back