Rusting pump in skimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,345
Reaction score
1,616
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bubble magus curve 5 elite skimmer that’s 3 years old. Took it apart for cleaning and noticed rusty residue on the impeller and inside the the impeller housing chamber. Time for a new pump I assume, or maybe just a new impeller?

IMG_2093.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have a Bubble magus curve 5 elite skimmer that’s 3 years old. Took it apart for cleaning and noticed rusty residue on the impeller and inside the the impeller housing chamber. Time for a new pump I assume?
IMG_2093.jpeg
Do you use GFO or used it in the past?
Small particles can separate from GFO (granular ferric oxide/ iron rust) and attach to magnets and make it appear like rust.
 
Do you use GFO or used it in the past?
Small particles can separate from GFO (granular ferric oxide/ iron rust) and attach to magnets and make it appear like rust.
No, but I did have one of my Nero's magnets rusting in the tank. That was just replaced a month or so ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new