• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ryecoon reef cartel be carefull! Scammer

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see this guy advertising nice coral be careful.. He shipped mine using fedex 8PM next day and then told me thats the earliest that fedex could offer. Fortunately I was able to get him to upgrade it to 1030 while in transit.. But then the next day I receive a box that is drenched with 950$ of dead coral. Seller did not even double bag the 3 corals I ordered and they all leaked out and died... He then proceeds to tell me "that sucks bro." No offer for refund or partial refund and havent heard from him since. I filed a paypal claim so hopefully that will help.

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paypal had me send the items back to him and issued me a refund. Though I did get an email today saying they were reinvestigating the case because the seller has submitted additional information. So we shall see...

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow so now paypal has decided to put my account on hold and requested that I deposit the funds back into paypal account so they can issue them back to the scammer/seller.. Ryecoon has stated that he never received the returned items even though tracking says they have been delivered. This is just getting ridiculous now. Avoid this scammer at all costs he uses every dirty trick known.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On 12/12/2016 I recieved a message by a buyer named "Reef Magix" on my BAR Forum (I Noticed that his account was opened the same day) btw I never posted the sales thread on R2R only on my local forum so buyers can come pick up the specimins and avoid shipping hassle.

ReefMagix aka Steven Sharkey aka. Reef_Lobster asked to purchase some of my corals and if i would agree to shipping. We agreed to a deal and buyer asked to rush shipment the same day at 4pm which is why the overnight was scheduled at 8pm the following day and still cost $70 but i still paid extra to have it delivered earlier to make him feel secure about the sale. I heat sealed the bags to avoid leaks but unfortunately when shipment arrived to buyer he claimed water leaked out of 1 of 3 bags but stated everything should be fine. It was weird how before I shipped the corals he kept bringing up the DOA topic as if he was already going to file a claim.

As i predicted, 3 Days later, buyer said corals did not make it and sent me a picture of the Zoas closed but not dead saying the corals did not make it. The buyer proceeded to file a claim with Paypal saying the items he received were "Different than what was advertised" Since paypal does not know much about Zoanthids, the picture I advertised of the polyps open and a picture he sent of the polyps closed automatically went in his favor. Then Paypal issued him a refund with tracking number provided.

When i received the return shipment Polyps were cut clean off the plugs with no sign of melted polyps. If one of the Polyps "So called" perished. Why file a claim for the whole amount when you did 3 different transactions? You probably have the polyps fragged in your tank right now. I refuse to let you waste my time while im out of $1500 worth of Zoas.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1980.JPG

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason why i didn't respond is because Paypal said to keep communication between them during investigation.

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why are you lying so much? Why do you neglect to acknowledge all the images I sent you.. I didn't "claim" the bag leaked, I sent you pictures.. I didn't claim the corals died I sent you photos.. Sorry I'm just going to leave the recommendation here that no one ever buy coral or even interact with you for that matter. Please check his feedback and mine as well clearly this guy has a long history of screwing buyers over. Avoid at all cost ryecoon/reefcartel/jerry Cabonce also goes by "Ryan."

IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_5952.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol ive had 3 out of about 100 transactions with some type of issue. Even as a buyer ive had issues and i do help and go the extra mile. If you thought i was a bad person to buy from then why did you buy in the first place?

Secondly, Why would you send a claim to paypal saying the items were "Different than what was advertised"? (an Ebay item at that) Then ship me back empty plugs with water as if something were in it?

Id like you to explain. Where in my statement i was lying? I told the solid truth. You in fact were lying. That is why Paypal granted me back the refund after i sent images and our conversations upon appeal.

If in fact they did perish the day you received them. You should have did the claim as a DOA and ship me back the items in the same bag and definitely not in your tank when it died.

Plus the pictures you sent me shows the polyps alive. Just closed. The plugs i received were cleaned right off lol

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post our Text conversations from start to finish and dates.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont use this forum as a platform to sell i actually buy more than i sell so I support the reef community more than you know. Im not trying to make a profit I only sell when im clearing out space but like i said. I post on my Local forum and do local transactions to avoid these risks.

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The zoas died.. you single bagged... the water literally drained out to zero... I returned to you the same plugs they were on and sent pics of them beforehand.. even for you to suggest that I clipped them off and still have them in my tank is just ridiculous man. Just look at the pics I have already sent you. I seriously hope karma pays you nice visit soon. People like you certainly make the hobby less enjoyable. By the way you have 3 out 4 reviews where you have scammed/screwed over my fellow reefers not 3/100. So keep up the good work buddy.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your telling me all of the bags busted open? You sent me a pic of one bag (out of 3) that leaked. Even by the looks of the pic it was still in some water and alive.

Nice try Attempting to screw me over for your reef buddies lol

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what, you think I just have all these frags alive in my tank and happy? LOL really look at the picture there is like maybe half a teaspoon of water in that bag.. I wouldn't treat a fellow hobbyists like you but I'm glad that makes you happy I'm sure you'll pay soon enough.

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One bag busted open and soaked the box with the speckeled kraks. the other 2 didn't leak but still melted shortly after as seen in the pics. I'm guessing FedEx probably didn't handle the soaked box well. In any case they were all completely melted within 3 days.

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took pics and everything the problem is zoas aren't going to ever look 100% dead immediately on arrival, they will just be closed up. But then they will melt away after 2-3 days.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude the fact that you had to search for me and open an account on my local BAR forum was already sketchy since you live in New Orleans. I posted on my local forum and wasn't planning to ship these out.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did i feel bad but the fact that i sent you $1500 worth of Zoas and they ALL melted was kinda hard to believe. If you would have messaged me and planned something else as far as compensation i would have been open to it but you rushed to open a claim so quick they put a hold on my acct which kinda ticked me off too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back