OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Still looking great. I’m looking to upgrade my tank sometime this year. I’ve had mine for about two years and just need something bigger. Looking at Red Sea. Are you happy with yours?
Absolutely, I love this tank. Been going on 3 years now with no issues (knocked on wood) such a beautiful design. Wish I had a bigger sump but it's alright for now. I've gotten so much stuff for new builds. Just waiting for the free time to do it.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely, I love this tank. Been going on 3 years now with no issues (knocked on wood) such a beautiful design. Wish I had a bigger sump but it's alright for now. I've gotten so much stuff for new builds. Just waiting for the free time to do it.
Thinking about an XL 425 or 525. When I switch from LED to T5+LED, my corals took off. Now I’m using MH and T5. Colors and growth is great.
What new build are you considering?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Did you ever setup the frag tank you got from Billy? I need me some Sabella sauce!
Lol !!!! No! I have 2 deep blue 80s along with Billy's system and never set them up. Haven't been as active due to tons of personal issues. I had just redone a few rooms in my house. Just prior to that I started work on my tank room, just never got around to completing everything. There's a bunch of extremely necessary "upgrades" I would need to do such as heating, cooling, c02 removal, humidity control. Whether or not I'll keep tile or just epoxy the floor. Remove the kitchen area that was just redone after hurricane sandy. Would be way easier to just set them up and figure it out from there, but I hate having to redo a tank setup. Probably the part I hate the most in the hobby. So hopefully very soon I'll have my home plate down, ready to get the ball rolling.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thinking about an XL 425 or 525. When I switch from LED to T5+LED, my corals took off. Now I’m using MH and T5. Colors and growth is great.
What new build are you considering?
I would go with the larger red sea tank. It's funny that almost everyone I know personally always wished they went a little bigger including myself =). I've been keeping a keen eye on some custom builds lately, and I'm almost positive I'll stick with a peninsula. Having both sides of the aquascape is significantly more valuable to me then just a perfect normal tank. Will be over 200 gallons. I gotten a very good estimate price on a double euro braced 3/4 280 gallon peninsula with a short steel stand. I have all the equipment already, just need to purchase the tank already and stop procrastinating

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the larger red sea tank. It's funny that almost everyone I know personally always wished they went a little bigger including myself =). I've been keeping a keen eye on some custom builds lately, and I'm almost positive I'll stick with a peninsula. Having both sides of the aquascape is significantly more valuable to me then just a perfect normal tank. Will be over 200 gallons. I gotten a very good estimate price on a double euro braced 3/4 280 gallon peninsula with a short steel stand. I have all the equipment already, just need to purchase the tank already and stop procrastinating
That sounds like it will look great once you set it up. I think once corals started growing, I instantly wished I had a bigger tank. Lol. Must be contagious.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That sounds like it will look great once you set it up. I think once corals started growing, I instantly wished I had a bigger tank. Lol. Must be contagious.
Lol!there Wasn't a single tank I've started without the thought of a getting a larger one soon after. If the 750 xxl was out at the time I bought mine, would've snagged it in a heartbeat.

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190112_174855_088.jpg
IMG_20190112_174857_557.jpg
IMG_20190112_174900_961.jpg
Looking good big dog
-Arie

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2019-01-20-01-32-30.png
Screenshot_2019-01-20-01-31-04.png
Very very fortunate to be apart of such a wonderful event. I had my acropora spawn tonight. Sadly i couldnt capture everything on video, pretty sure i came home at the end of the spawn. My socks were over flowing, skimmer was acting up, tons of these small larva i tried to collect and toss in a cup for a video. I was needing to make frags of my pink cadillac, and happy to say i found larva hanging out inside. Feel accomplished for such a beautiful event to happen at home. From what ive read these events are annually triggered, curious to know if others are currently experiencing this phenominon

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2019-01-20-01-32-30.png
Screenshot_2019-01-20-01-31-04.png
Very very fortunate to be apart of such a wonderful event. I had my acropora spawn tonight. Sadly i couldnt capture everything on video, pretty sure i came home at the end of the spawn. My socks were over flowing, skimmer was acting up, tons of these small larva i tried to collect and toss in a cup for a video. I was needing to make frags of my pink cadillac, and happy to say i found larva hanging out inside. Feel accomplished for such a beautiful event to happen at home. From what ive read these events are annually triggered, curious to know if others are currently experiencing this phenominon

Wow! That is extremely cool. Congratulations!

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Awesome!!! Too bad you didnt grt to catch the whole event. Better mark ur calender foe next year lol
Lol! My filter socks overflowed. Had these tiny guys all up against the side glass moving toward my sump sponge. Could've had a good video / photo if I made it home earlier. Just my wwc yellow tips had the blobs shooting from the polyps. The eggs in the pink Cadillac look well mature, would be cool to see it happen again soon if that's possible.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back