OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Still cooking those corals! Sorry to hear about the puppy. The custom build tank you have in mind sounds exciting!!
Pelphrey, I'm loosing my mind. So a few months back I swapped routers and ip address. Today I unplugged my apex to do some cleaning, and now I cant connect to my home wifi from the apex. I tried unplugging it, reboot with the pin, almost every step of trouble shoot without just re setting up my wifi. If I put my brain into wifi scrambling mode, does that set all my fallback options on? Ive unplugged the aqua bus from the brain twice, are my fallback options on. Without the dashboard I cant figure out what's going on is making me go insane

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pelphrey, I'm loosing my mind. So a few months back I swapped routers and ip address. Today I unplugged my apex to do some cleaning, and now I cant connect to my home wifi from the apex. I tried unplugging it, reboot with the pin, almost every step of trouble shoot without just re setting up my wifi. If I put my brain into wifi scrambling mode, does that set all my fallback options on? Ive unplugged the aqua bus from the brain twice, are my fallback options on. Without the dashboard I cant figure out what's going on is making me go insane

Strange! Download a network scanning tool and see if you can find it, if it can’t find it on wireless plug it in again and rescan your network.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I configure that "apex" it sends a ping but there's no completion. On the bright side, my reef brite just went off. So that should mean my apex is still connected to the cloud correct?
20190123_212747.jpg

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m assuming your computers up address is 192.168.1.xxx and it’s on the same subnet?

Which apex are you running? Wired or wireless?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m assuming your computers up address is 192.168.1.xxx and it’s on the same subnet?

Which apex are you running? Wired or wireless?
Wireless. I have 3 apexs. An apex jr, (not connected to internet) a classic without the brain connected with my new apex. I'll have to get on a phone with them to go through this. I'm so limited on time, just afraid of catching myself in the situation where the brain isn't connected to the unit, setting everything to its fallback option. There's no info online stating doing any reboots or reconnects will disconnect your brain from your apex. Knowing me, that will happen, and I'll never figure out how to get connected to the internet without Neptune apex CS to help lol

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Seeing the reefbrite go off at 945 showed some security that it's still talking to the brain. So hopefully my temperature control is ok. I had my snails spawning so I know for a fact it crept up some point today. Not having an apex display is insane. Even though I have multiple apexs, probes, modules, doses, almost everything. I refuse to pay 100 bucks for that display. That and a manual should without a doubt be included

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing the reefbrite go off at 945 showed some security that it's still talking to the brain. So hopefully my temperature control is ok. I had my snails spawning so I know for a fact it crept up some point today. Not having an apex display is insane. Even though I have multiple apexs, probes, modules, doses, almost everything. I refuse to pay 100 bucks for that display. That and a manual should without a doubt be included
I was never a fan of the Apex display. I would much rather have a Kindle Fire or something similar to use with the Apex.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was never a fan of the Apex display. I would much rather have a Kindle Fire or something similar to use with the Apex.
Lol I have a kindle fire mounted on my cabinet and I love it, but also need internet to access the display unfortunately :(. Having a regular hardwired display is just good to have for times like this. My apex jr hasn't been connected to my home wifi for over a year now, was using the display to shut everything down but the display wound up breaking.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with my apex where I was using it wirelessly. I have two routers and one is about 5 feet from my tank. One day my apex just would not connect to the router anymore. I tried everything. I even reset it. I gave up and connected a Cat 5 cable directly to my apex from the router and it finally reconnected. But, it seems like any time there is a power outage or interruption, it takes forever to reconnect.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I have a kindle fire mounted on my cabinet and I love it, but also need internet to access the display unfortunately :(. Having a regular hardwired display is just good to have for times like this. My apex jr hasn't been connected to my home wifi for over a year now, was using the display to shut everything down but the display wound up breaking.
Went back and reread what you posted and I think I understand now! I saw you were using a classic but missed the part about not using the brain. So, you are using the classic power bar on the newer WiFi Apex.

I ran into this exact same problem with my Apex and I didn't have a local display. I need to think about how I ended up getting it to work. I do remember it wasn't a whole lot of fun.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2019-01-29-20-18-02.png
Wwc afterparty, at first i thought it was just another pink floydd look alike. Alot of peoples colony photos show no features compared to wwc or jf photo. I happen to have those colors as a frag, slow grower but It is an absolute stunner.
Screenshot_2019-01-29-20-25-55.png
Potos end game, believed to be a granulosa blue polyped.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2019-01-29-20-18-02.png
Wwc afterparty, at first i thought it was just another pink floydd look alike. Alot of peoples colony photos show no features compared to wwc or jf photo. I happen to have those colors as a frag, slow grower but It is an absolute stunner.
Screenshot_2019-01-29-20-25-55.png
Potos end game, believed to be a granulosa blue polyped.
That WWC after party definitely looks like a Pink Floyd. Excellent polyp extension on your corals.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That WWC after party definitely looks like a Pink Floyd. Excellent polyp extension on your corals.
Well see how it turns out when it grows. Had the frag for a decent amount of time. I'm guessing now is when it'll start to take off. I'll have to get a photo of it side by side with a somewhat identical made frag of the pink floyd. It's more or less a purple version of it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back