Sabella's 450L mixed reef build thread

Unbelievable, got some pics im uploading on my rhomboid showing a full blown nuptial display. Absolutly gorgeous
 
074 (1024x683).jpg
075 (1024x683).jpg
076 (1024x683).jpg
 
Shes ben doing this all day long for 2 days straight. I kno wrasses flash or whatnot but shes the only rhomboid in my tank. If anyone knows other reasons to why they do this please lmk
 
Just a nuptial display; sit back and enjoy the show. :) And that definitely makes it a "he", btw.
Being a young male, it's just trying to show off to whatever it can. Those chromis are probably the object of attention.
 
Just a nuptial display; sit back and enjoy the show. :) And that definitely makes it a "he", btw.
Being a young male, it's just trying to show off to whatever it can. Those chromis are probably the object of attention.
Thats awesome. I seperated a bonded supermale and took the female like 6 months ago. I figured maybe she would change because she started turning a deep purple over the last 2 months
 
Theres a lineatus and cleaner in there also. Ive had a fairy devoted tank in the past and never seen this before and its unbelievable!!
 
Having a serious dilemma right now, pickedup a huge frag of mattv rainbow. But has these copepods on them that survived the dip. I tryed everything i could WITHOUT killing the coral. I cant get to my qt for atleast a week and have it sitting in a cup - in my 200gallon at my mothers house. Ill try to post a pic, as of right now i dont kno what to do
 
you are worried about copepods? most wrasses will eat those up.
Theyre not red bugs, there not black bugs, there really really tiny and i always always dip with prasi first then revive/coral rx after. There not worms, but theres nasty acropora stds goin around. These morons on facebook are gassin everyone up about blackbugs and i feel im falling victim lolol. Well see, the way i dip corals and these guys survived! thats what scareing me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new