Sabella's 450L mixed reef build thread

Screenshot_2016-12-05-19-09-46.png
I love pectina corals but this guy ate half my aqua sd rainbow monti colony, but thankfully after a iodine dip it wound up growing again lol
 
ohhh my!!!! Love it!!!
Nice shot from cell!!
I really need a porthole and a macro lens, but my phone (galaxy s5) takes awesome pics and they come out great. Problem is with the phone, i cant take photos under blues, its impossible. My nikon is a breeze, its just the lens is not good for my current setup
 
I really need a porthole and a macro lens, but my phone (galaxy s5) takes awesome pics and they come out great. Problem is with the phone, i cant take photos under blues, its impossible. My nikon is a breeze, its just the lens is not good for my current setup
The porthole I have I won at a swap and to small to get my phone into and I have no coordination to hold phone over the porthole and take a pic :rolleyes::confused:
I got a little set of macro lens at the walmart for like $3.00.
 
Dude Im just so afraid theyll start eating corals and itll be nearly impossible to get them out of my tank. But the bubble algaes getting to me now. Ive had it for almost a year and basically put in almost no effort to removing it other then some frags/areas that were a priority. Its not growing anymore tho so well see

In my old tank, they cleared the bubble algae instantly(I didn't have much) and never touched my corals. In my current tank, I had a tad bit of bubble algae early on and the group of emeralds I had would not touch it. Instead, they would eat my acans and stylosphoras. I thought no way, but I would catch them doing it and physically see a tiny chunk of coral missing.
 
In my old tank, they cleared the bubble algae instantly(I didn't have much) and never touched my corals. In my current tank, I had a tad bit of bubble algae early on and the group of emeralds I had would not touch it. Instead, they would eat my acans and stylosphoras. I thought no way, but I would catch them doing it and physically see a tiny chunk of coral missing.

Man that's what scares me about them! But I always try them!
 
In my old tank, they cleared the bubble algae instantly(I didn't have much) and never touched my corals. In my current tank, I had a tad bit of bubble algae early on and the group of emeralds I had would not touch it. Instead, they would eat my acans and stylosphoras. I thought no way, but I would catch them doing it and physically see a tiny chunk of coral missing.
Lol little runts
Man that's what scares me about them! But I always try them!
I think im just going to buy them and get it over with already lol
 
Oh, and you're right on about them being hard to catch once you have them in the tank... darn near impossible without a trap.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new