Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ugh. I am so sorry to hear about this!

Do you have a trap? Tangs are usually dumb enough to swim right in if you bait it with nori.

Brews method is similar to using a trap. More like a very temporary trap!

If you think you introduced brook technically all of your fish need treated.

I can’t be 100% certain from the pics but the Naso definitely seems to have brook going on.
Haha my fish are usually clumsy like that. I have a cleaner pintail and mandarin. They all swim right into the container. If you seen my qt at the moment, I think the fish would be better off in a cup LOL.

The naso is pretty big, I can't find a big enuff trap for him at the moment

Mixing water now so I can clean up my qt tank, getting it done today. Treatment is only formalin, but is also a freshwater dip then biotics follow up.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What else is pretty bummed, there's almost no info on brook. Like its lifecycle, or any of that. They say fallow period Is 6 weeks but what is that even based upon?

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was Brook it would be most likely that all your fish would be dead by now.

I used a large fish trap when I had to catch an incredibly smart Foxface. I made a nori burrito shoved with LRS, and it was irresistible. It took days, but I finally got it! I was considering going fishing with a small hook if it didn't work.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If it was Brook it would be most likely that all your fish would be dead by now.

I used a large fish trap when I had to catch an incredibly smart Foxface. I made a nori burrito shoved with LRS, and it was irresistible. It took days, but I finally got it! I was considering going fishing with a small hook if it didn't work.
This is what everyone said to me. One thing I never had to put up with is a viral bacteria infection.

With my knowledge, and reading up on brook. I believe once it hits the gills the fish are done for. That photoed disease on my naso has doubled in size since yesterday. I spent another 4 hours last night trying to catch him and it's just not working out. Just had gotten home so I'll be trying for another few hours now.

Its just unfortunate it's so rapid. Fish are acting up also, just to make matters worse

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2019-10-09-21-16-31.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stinks that you are going through this!
I think this looks like physical damage from rubbing against rock but it could be an underlying bacterial infection that caused it to rub against that rock.

No luck catching them?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Stinks that you are going through this!
I think this looks like physical damage from rubbing against rock but it could be an underlying bacterial infection that caused it to rub against that rock.

No luck catching them?
So wicked man.

They are huge looking cotton balls. I had about 10 people tell me it doesn't look like brook. Maybe some type of fungus or bacterial. Going to be soaking all types of meds in my fish food after work tomorrow, will continue the treatment for a few days to see what happens.
That said I can't get them out the purple cut up my fingers have been stinging all day today. Netting gets snagged except one spot in my tank, they have to be baited into the net.

This stuff looks like freshwater dipping won't change anything, just from weekly experience of dipping fish from the store.

I ordered a some of that safety stop for my fish before they get into qt. Hopefully next time fish can get bathe in meds before going into qt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well my mind is blown, my cleaner wrasse spent about 5 days completely demolishing w.e this stuff is off the fish. I'm 99% positive it's completely gone. Regardless I still need to treat my fish.

I've had this cleaner wrasse for 4 years, typical jerk, killed my clam, eats and lays on my pectinia every single day. Eats like a pig, cleans the fish off 15 minutes before lights out and repeats. I happen to really like the relationships between cleaner wrasse and fish, pretty unique sight to see. What's pretty cool is once my fish got sick, he went to work overtime. Constantly constantly constantly picking on my fish, almost an hour or 2 at a time. I'll have to get a photo tomorrow of my fish to show you guys.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That doesn’t look like a cleaner wrasse! Lol kidding but that’s awesome he’s working so hard to hopefully get rid of this stuff. Have you gotten any closer to figuring out what it is?
So what I had done was bind kanaplex into PE pellets. Rapped in nori For the tangs, rapped in flake for the others. The next day the infection was gone, I doubt medication worked in 1 day like that since i watched my cleaner wrasse for hours pick this infection off.

Those Marks had gotten considerably worse. Almost half my naso tangs body looked like it fell off. Cleared up without any bacterial issues. Purple tang, those white nubs were gone the next day.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back