5   0   0
The nastiest hammer in existence Holy rainbow
VideoCapture_20211201-162338.jpg

Seek&Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 blue plus one purple one coral. Here's the catch though, i have 4 reefbrites on each one of my fixtures
I am currently looking at getting the 60" ATI 6 bulb and adding reefbrite strips. Any advice on how many reefbrites and what types for mixed reef vs sps dominant?

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am currently looking at getting the 60" ATI 6 bulb and adding reefbrite strips. Any advice on how many reefbrites and what types for mixed reef vs sps dominant?
I'd just do the 2 xho strips, one on the front and one ok the back. Believe it or not they are very powerful. 2 strips alone can color and grow just about anything less then 28 inches down.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wow wow wow colors are unreal!!!
What are your parameters ?
Alk for the last 4 years been around 6.8 to 7.5. Spikes here and there when fragging, bulb changes, stuff like that but relatively stable

Calcium 450, sometimes 500 550 when things fall out of calibration which is alot more frequently then anyone would expect.

Same with mag. 1300, up to 1500 cause of the sg measurement issues

Nitrate 15ppm phosphate below .1

Everytime I icp test all the other stuff is usually inline. Chalked it up to the calcium reactor, 2 part and 20% wc weekly are sufficient enuff to keep all those little elements in check.

Other then that, I slashed maintenance for the past few months. Still doing the water changes but very limited on like the hard-core stuff I used to do. I used to clean my pumps every 2 months, frag racks, sand sifting, all of that nature. Tank looks better actually that I've been away from it for a while.

At the moment I'm dealt with alot of overgrowth. Im just at the point where certain things I can't control, ultimately the tank will have to come down in the next year or so if I can't figure out how to manage it.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My phos are a little high what should I use to bring it down ?
Sorry it's been a while. What's a little high? Honestly, water changes. Because instead of using chemicals, your allocating that time to dilute any other underlying issues you might have. You can simplify figure out how to raise or lower parameters with Water changes. Let's say your p04 is .1 If you do a 50 percent water change, that will bring it down to .05 (based on the accuracy of hobby grade test kits)

You don't get that with gfo, rarely with lanthanum

Last edited:
Back