Safe live sand? Or microfauna/flora in a bottle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter curiouser
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

curiouser

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
53
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm acquiring and organizing the parts to set up a reef tank after 15 years out of the hobby. I'm looking for a safe way to add a diverse population of microfauna and microflora. Aiptasia killed my last tank in 2000. I've ordered dry live rock. I've read about dipping and quarantines for corals.
I hope someone knows a way to add a diverse population of microfauna and microflora without risking adding unwanted pests. Is there such a way?
I'm new here. Hello to all of you.
 
Oh sure there are lots of places that will ship you the bugs

Start with ipsf.com hope they are still active lol I haven't referred them in yrs. just search the popular online stores for gammarus cultures, sandbed cultures etc and ipsf was the king in 2005

Yep still going strong I just typed them into browser. Def buy from them they are solid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new