Sailfin Tang Diagnosis Needed

Blakjax

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
298
Reaction score
31
Location
Saint Joseph, Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 65 gallon qt set up. I’m running copper power at 1.75 with 4 fish - 2 clowns, 1 longnose, and 1 sailfin. They have been in qt for 5 days (3 in full therapeutic levels of copper). I’ve now noticed this white bump on my sailfin. It’s been there since I got it but seems to be getting larger in qt. Can’t anyone help diagnose it? And help me with the treatment plan? The initial plan was 2 weeks in copper and then tank transfer to prazi for two weeks. And then into DT.

8984CBD8-5016-407B-B44F-75DA466D8087.jpeg 38ED1A4F-3A6B-4891-A328-9AA6EA40FAE2.jpeg 6A89305A-A8CB-4D5F-898D-606EEBEBCAAA.jpeg 244E2D4D-9AF1-4A10-BB6F-6A6E045C89C1.jpeg 70393B5A-7CD1-464E-8C1D-77576218537E.jpeg
 
Does the spot look cottony, fibrous or cauliflower like in texture? Or is it flat and filmy?
 
Does the spot look cottony, fibrous or cauliflower like in texture? Or is it flat and filmy?
It definitely is NOT flat. It protrudes off of it. It’s still eating well and not hindered in any way.
6C673920-DA18-4013-9051-77336613C3B1.jpeg
 
Probably lymphocystis a usually harmless virus. Treat by boosting the fish's immune system. Add vitamins to the fish's food. I prefer to add Beta Glucan as it will tremendously boost the immune system. Highly recommend it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new