Sailfin with?

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs!
I've have this fish a week. Has looked a little thin on arrival but eating well.
Yesterday I noticed this thing front of its right eye.
What is it?

20220827_101030.jpg 20220827_101315.jpg

Sizzlingreef14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Kinda looks like a giant fluke. A nice quick freshwater dip (3-4) minutes and light blowing with a turkey baster to see if they are and fall off. If they do maybe some prazi to help clear them out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tangs!
I've have this fish a week. Has looked a little thin on arrival but eating well.
Yesterday I noticed this thing front of its right eye.
What is it?

20220827_101030.jpg 20220827_101315.jpg
Looks like tissue stemming from an injury ( giant fluke ?) There are dots I cannot see clearly but may be flukes or parasitical.
Freshwater dip would be a start and its 5 minutes the same temperature as display tank. Please add a couple more pics with those dots or even video. To note, if flukes, gills will be red or swollen with rapid breathing, fish acting lethargic or swimming near the water surface, hiding in the corner of tank or behind rocks, loss of appetite, shaking its head, flashing/darting, develop clamped fins, , or scratching against objects. They may also exhibit what looks like yawning from gill irritation develop, cloudy eyes and loss of color .

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like tissue stemming from an injury ( giant fluke ?) There are dots I cannot see clearly but may be flukes or parasitical.
Freshwater dip would be a start and its 5 minutes the same temperature as display tank. Please add a couple more pics with those dots or even video. To note, if flukes, gills will be red or swollen with rapid breathing, fish acting lethargic or swimming near the water surface, hiding in the corner of tank or behind rocks, loss of appetite, shaking its head, flashing/darting, develop clamped fins, , or scratching against objects. They may also exhibit what looks like yawning from gill irritation develop, cloudy eyes and loss of color .
It's feeding well and very active.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back