SALIFERT AMMONIA TEST SOLUTION POURED INTO TANK

SoCalSauce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title reads, I came into work today and someone had poured an entire bottle of the Salifert test solution into my tank. What do I do? My fish are all dead. The snails survived, except one. Mushroom has survived as well. GSP has not opened yet today. I haven’t seen my crabs yet today so the verdict is out on that one. What do I do?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title reads, I came into work today and someone had poured an entire bottle of the Salifert test solution into my tank. What do I do? My fish are all dead. The snails survived, except one. Mushroom has survived as well. GSP has not opened yet today. I haven’t seen my crabs yet today so the verdict is out on that one. What do I do?
Total water change

OP
OP
S

SoCalSauce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is this has been in the tank for about 48 hours. So you’re saying 100% water change? How do I accomplish this without killing my anemones and snails?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also run some Poly Filter and as a safety measure add some starter bacteria.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is this has been in the tank for about 48 hours. So you’re saying 100% water change? How do I accomplish this without killing my anemones and snails?
Do it as quickly as possible (seriously) or just change as much as you can, then change as much as you can again etc. Obviously the latter will not be as effective for immediate reduction in pollutants but it is probably more achievable with the equipment and water supply that most people have access to..

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Match salinity and your inverts and nem should be ok (minus effects of this accident). I don't see why that would be an issue for them

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back