Salifert replacement test vials

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep having issues with salifert plastic vials either coming in broken or breaking easily. When testing you look through the vial for the color chart. If I used a glass beaker would it change the reading greatly? Or would you recommend a different vial.

Thanks in advance

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which test? NO3 needs exact size as original. Titration test you are looking for color change, so not as important as to keep the same size. Don't think glass or plastic will make much of a difference.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep having issues with salifert plastic vials either coming in broken or breaking easily. When testing you look through the vial for the color chart. If I used a glass beaker would it change the reading greatly? Or would you recommend a different vial.

Thanks in advance
If the diameter of the glass beaker or vial is the same as the width of the square portion of the Salifert test vessel, your reading will be close enough for estimating the NO3 level.

OP
OP
xiholdtruex

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which test? NO3 needs exact size as original. Titration test you are looking for color change, so not as important as to keep the same size. Don't think glass or plastic will make much of a difference.
If the diameter of the glass beaker or vial is the same as the width of the square portion of the Salifert test vessel, your reading will be close enough for estimating the NO3 level.

Yep No3 seems like I need to get another test kit with a similar vial like the ph one and use it for both. Thanks for the input

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other.

Back