Salinity Range of Chaetomorpha (spaghetti algae)

adamhales72

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Planet Earth
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am trying to grow some Chaetomorpha for my aquarium. I am, however wondering what percentage of salt the algae needs for growth. I cannot seem to find a consistent answer regarding what percentage of salt is best. Some people say 5%, some say as high as 20%. Any input is greatly appreciated.
 
Hello all! I am trying to grow some Chaetomorpha for my aquarium. I am, however wondering what percentage of salt the algae needs for growth. I cannot seem to find a consistent answer regarding what percentage of salt is best. Some people say 5%, some say as high as 20%. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Why not normal seawater, 35 ppt?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new