Sally lightfoot crab Guide

Willis_S

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new Sally Lightfoot crab in my new aquarium. I just realized that it could be pretty aggressive, so I am wondering if there is any suggestion of additional crab food I can get to keep it nice and full so it won't eat my clownfish.

Also, I am looking for suggestions on what other aquarium-bed animals that could live with the Sally lightfoot. I am looking for either shrimp or crabs, but I am also open to any other suggestions.
 
I have had several sally crabs and they are fast scavengers but I have never seen one aggressive to another motile animal other than stealing food chunks. I have seen them remove mysis from corals and do damage like that. Feeding the corals powdered coral foods (reef roids, dd foods, etc.) seems to avoid that. I like these crabs and their colorful backs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new