Saltwater from freshwater

FishFreakLuke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here goes everything, from the beginning. I began keeping tanks about 20 years ago. I have grown up in Michigan all my life and as you can imagine was surrounded by water! Anyways, enough about my life story.
My first tank was a probably a 10 gallon, then 20 and so on. Finally, once I could support myself and could actually afford a setup I bought a well known 55 gallon glass tank and stand. Phew, it seemed like heaven with live plants and and various freshwater fish. It was fun, cool and mega relaxing. I loved it to the core and for about 10 years I was having a good time. But, seeking something more and then things changed for, well I think for the better. I had just moved and had the tank tore down when my boss from work offered some coral and that was beginning of my saltwater experience. Shoot, and I thought brackish was cool. Even though, I had and still have so much to learn about reef keeping my eyes and mind have really grown further into the adventure. I have maintained this particular setup for about 5 years now. Nothing special, just a low budget build from that 55. I haven't crashed it yet, but definitely ups and downs throughout the years. Anyways, HI that turned into a short novel, my bad. Here are a few pictures. 20170416_221904.jpg cycling days. IMG_20170422_015732_515.jpg after cycle, day 1 with rock and coral from boss.
20190206222113.jpg
A couple years into it.
20191124_202851.jpg
another year goes by.
20200424_232550.jpg
Pretty recently.

Like I said, nothing fancy just fun.
Thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back