Saltwater is Pink

EvanHasFish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
Lincoln
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as weird as it is my saltwater tank appears to have pink water. It is a 38 gallon that I set up yesterday (7/14). All of the water was made from RO mixed with instant ocean, and all rock was from the sump of my pre-existing reef tank. There are a few things that I think it could be, but I am very unsure.

The biggest of these things I think could be a problem with my canister filter. The canister filter is a Fluval 306, and it has a compartment with two red sponges for filter media. I am concerned that it may be leeching dyes into my water. Any thoughts?

DE0FC67C-2637-48C4-9744-ABA44A443686.jpeg
 
That could be a distinct possibility, and perhaps an obvious answer. Let us know how the situation resolved itself, and best wishes!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new